✨🌸 Chapter 31 🌸✨

~•~

~•~

"This is it Jeno. This is the day," Mark smirked and wrapped an arm around the dark haired's shoulders, feeling the boy shaking. "Dang bro."

"I cant help it. I'm so nervous that Jaemin won't accept my confession but I know it's stupid because he confessed to me as well but what if for some reason he says no because I waited too long? What if he changed his mi-"

"Calm yourself," the blonde rolled his eyes but gave a comforting smile to his friend. "I can see you're stressed, but just follow your heart. Then everything should fall into place."

Jeno looked taken aback by Mark's words, only ever thinking that the other only spat memes and the phrase "let's get it". I mean, he would even say no words at all and just brrah the whole entire day. It was quite a surprise, but this is why Mark was his best friend.

"Thanks, Mark." Jeno smiled to the other and watched as the bus pulled up. This was finally it, and his heart wouldn't stop racing for even a second.

They both got on the bus, Jeno's eyes landing on their friends and the empty spot where he and Jaemin sat the other day. The bus ride felt long to Jaemin's house, but the boy entered the bus with a distressed look on his face.

Jeno noticed this immediately and became a bit worried. Jaemin glanced for a moment in his direction, giving a weak smile and then focusing on the seats.

"Can I sit with you today, Chenle?" Jaemin asked sweetly and gave the boy a cute look.

"No!" Jisung yelled then cleared his throat with heat running to his face. "I mean n-no, I was wanting to occupy that seat."

Everyone snickered and giggled except for Jeno who felt his heart slowly sinking into his stomach as he watched Jaemin practically ignore his presence.

"You can sit next to me?" Jeno mustered to say and gave a sideways look towards the younger.

"Yeah... of course," Jaemin said and looked visibly unhappy, making Jeno's nerves worse as he swallowed a lump in his throat.

Jaemin sat down, practically on the edge of his seat as he kept his distance from the older. Jeno stared at him for a few minutes, watching him talk to their other friends but never to Jeno himself. Did he do something wrong? He seemed okay last night. Maybe it was the kiss on the cheek-

"Jeno? You alright?" Donghyuck questioned from the seat across from theirs, raising a quizzical eyebrow in the said boy's direction.

"Huh? O-oh yeah haha," Jeno lied and rubbed the back of his neck, locking eyes with Jaemin for a second before the younger got scared and looked away again.

The rest of the bus ride continued on with the same situation, until they reached the school and went their separate ways for classes. Even in the first class Jaemin barely talked, and when they had to separate for their second class, Jeno wanted a hug goodbye but couldn't find the boy anywhere. It was really making him nervous.