✨🌸 Chapter 59 🌸✨

~•~

~•~

"What are you saying?" Jeno said with hurt eyes, knuckles turning white from clenching the chains of the swing he was sat on. The sky was darkening the slightest bit from grey clouds crawling their way into the air, making everything seem tinted and dull.

Xiaojun looked towards Jeno from the swing next to him, looking into those darkened orbs with a sense of regret washing over him. "From what you told me... it seems like Hendery stayed long enough to make Jaemin forget about his power."

Jeno swallowed hard and folded his eyebrows together. "I don't understand. That makes sense, but what about everything else? It seems like he doesn't even remember Renjun causing this, or about my power. I mean... he acted like we were never dating and that we met during school."

The other visibly gulped and Jeno felt his heart drop at the reaction. "Well... how did you guys meet?"

The dark haired was taken aback by this, averting his gaze to the playground in front of them as he remembered the past. "I was buying flowers for my mom when I first ran into him and we ended up meeting at a bench not long after." Jeno explained and felt his eyes twinkle at the memory.

"And what about when... you know, when you first found out each other's feelings?"

Jeno thought for a moment and twiddled his thumbs together. "We confessed on a rooftop. But why do you need to know that?"

"Did it have anything to do with him growing flowers?" Xiaojun ignored his question and only pressed further.

The dark haired found himself pondering his question, wondering what he was getting at. "I don't... oh, he accidentally grew some flowers around me in the process. And there's also this orange rose," Jeno opened his coat and pulled out the beautiful thing, noticing the tops of some of the outside petals beginning to wilt. "He grew this a while ago. I don't really know the backstory of it, but I remember when I discovered it he told me he grew it by accident."

Xiaojun nodded his head, his suspicions unfortunately making sense now. "Everything somehow has to do with his power," the brown haired said in a whisper and kicked some of the mulch.

It didn't take a genius to know what Xiaojun was getting at. If Jaemin couldn't remember his power, he must not remember anything associated with his power. When he and Jaemin first met, he grew flowers. When they first kissed, he grew flowers. Everything he forgot, had something to do with his flowers.

Jeno felt all the energy drain from his body, leaving him staring blankly into space without a single muscle moving.

Does this really mean... that Jaemin doesn't remember being in love with him?

The feeling of his heart dropping sounded like someone accidentally dropping a textbook on the floor, catching the unwanted attention of all the other students. Except in this situation, the only observer was the bearer of bad news.