✨🌸 Chapter 56 🌸✨

~•~

~•~

"B-but what about Xiao-"

"It's alright, Yangyang," the boy whose name was almost spoken joined Hendery's side, giving a soft smile to the others. "I spoke wrongfully. Hendery has chosen to help so I won't interfere."

Yangyang felt astonished as his dark eyes blinked a few times, not used to this side of Xiaojun showing. Jeno felt his heart thumping as he tried to figure out what was going on while looking between them, hoping that what this meant was that there was finally a working method to save Jaemin.

"We should hurry," Hendery cut through the awkward silence, locking eyes with Jeno as he gave a soft nod. Still in a slight daze, Jeno kicked the shin of Donghyuck and caused him to realize something was going on. He tore himself from his conversation with the blonde and they stood up along with Renjun.

Without saying any words, Jeno gestured to the hospital entrance with his head to signal they were going back inside. The three spotted the unfamiliar face and looked curiously, but nonetheless followed back inside.

Jaemin grabbed onto Jeno's arm and caused the older to look back at him. A sparkle was present in those dark eyes of his, one that held hope but also fear at the same time. Jaemin felt giddiness rise through his transparent body at the look, not having seen so much hope in Jeno's eyes for a while.

They all reached the door to Jaemin's room, but Xiaojun stopped in his tracks and prevented anyone from walking through. He then turned with a stern look on his features.

"What are we waiting for?" Chenle asked from the back of the crowd and jumped slightly to see.

"You guys can't come in while we help him. It's very dangerous-" Xiaojun began to explain, but was cut off when Jisung wove his way to the front and gave him a scary look.

"Just exactly what are you going to do to my brother?" he asked and pointed a finger. "We were never told what this Hendery boy even can do."

Xiaojun looked from the youngest one and around at the others who nodded, also wanting an explanation. I mean, you can't blame them since this is a very serious thing that could change Jaemin's fate for better or for worse.

Hendery looked to the ground, making sure his hands were still covered. "I have a power such as you guys do... but I don't exactly have the best control over it. And it could put everyone at risk if you are close to me while I'm using it."

Jeno was taken aback by this. Why won't he just tell them what his power is if it's this dangerous? "What-"

"What is this power," Mark cut the dark haired off and moved his way to the front now as well. He stared deep into Hendery's eyes, making him uncomfortable as all the answers came to his head.