2

Jameel was happy. He was about to get engaged to someone he loved. He couldn't wait to start this new journey with them. To start a brand new chapter of his life after everything. Everything- the good, the bad, the ugly. He needed this. He needed a fresh start in his life after everything. He needed to move forward with his life, not let the past drag him down.

The big day came, sooner then he realised. There were still so many things to do, but Jameel knew he still had some time, before the actual big day. He got ready, although he felt off and his stomach was getting queasy. Must be nerves he thought, as he put the finishing touches to his outfit. He was all ready, but upset none of his family were coming too. They had decided to stay away for some reason.  Of course he knew their reason, but they were just being silly, weren't they? Jameel quickly rushed out and quickly drove to the venue. There he saw on stage, Chammi waiting for him. He smiled as he saw her waiting for him, but something felt off. He felt wrong for some reason. He shrugged off these thoughts and quickly ran to Chammi.

They exchanged rings, and everyone stared congratulating them. Jameel thanked everyone, but something felt off. He made an excuse, and quickly left. He felt off, like something was missing. He quickly went to his room, and lay on his bed. What's wrong with me he thought? I should be happy. I've just got engaged. There was a knock on his bedroom door.

"Come in" he said 

Jameels mum entered. "I just want to congratulate you." "It would have been nicer if you lot had come." "You know why we didn't." "I know. But your wrong. Couldn't you have put that aside and just come for my sake?" "No, because we refuse to see you making a mistake." "Not this again." "Well then don't expect us to come to any of your events. Don't bring it up around us." Jameel sighed as his mum walked away. Why did they have to bring it up every time? Jameel threw a pillow at the door and sighed. Why was nobody happy for him?

Jameels mobile went off. He groaned as he saw who it was. He wasn't in the mood to talk to her. "Chammi, no offence, but I don't feeling like talking right now." "Well you have to. What's wrong with you Jameel? Today was our engagement. Who leaves their engagement ceremony half way, and returns home? Do you know how embarrassing it was for me? I had to lie to everyone you were ill, that's why you legged it. Do you know how bad this looks? It looks like you were forced to get engaged to me." "No, that's not true." "Then why did you leave?" "I wasn't feeling well." "Anyway Jameel, I'm so happy. I feel like I'm floating on air." "But Chammi, why don't I feel the same?"

"It's because you don't love me like I love you."

Jameels whole body was in shock. What? Was it true? "I'm just joking Jameel. Your just overcome with emotion right now. You'll feel the same as me soon. Now go to sleep. I'll meet you in your dreams."

Jameel lay down in shock. Was it true? Did he not love Chammi? Were his parents right?