8

Aaliyah was hard at work, teaching Chammi about Jameels likes and dislikes and how to behave properly with Jameel and his parents. Aaliyah realised as Chammi got better, her departure grew nearer. Aaliyah had bonded well with Jameels parents, how was she going to say bye to them? Her heart was already breaking at the idea of leaving Jameel, how could she say bye to them to? Those people who were like second parents to her. They had welcomed her and accepted her whole heartedly, not only as their daughter in law, but to them she was a daughter. Aaliyah loved them just as much.

Aaliyah missed her parents too. They had left, but she had stayed in town, to continue studying. Plus, she didn't really want to leave him either. But her main reason was her studies. Her parents had been unable to attend the wedding. Aaliyah didn't blame them, everything had been done so quickly. Of course Aaliyah spoke to them on the phone, but it wasn't the same. Aaliyah had already decided to leave and go to them after everything. She couldn't stay and watch Jameel with Chammi. She would have tolerated anyone else, but to see Jameel with someone who was still deep down selfish, egotistical, shallow, everyday would hurt her. Her Jameel deserved better, shame he couldn't see it.

The night before Chammi got him, Aaliyah was weeping in her room. Jameels mum came and Aaliyah tried to hide her tears

"So you're leaving us tomorrow?"

Aaliyah was stunned. How did she know?

"How do I know? I'm Jameels mum. I know more than you think. I've seen you training Chammi and preparing her to take your place. But Aaliyah no one can take your place. You know how fond of you me and my husband are. And no one can take your place in my sons life. He's just too stupid to realise how much you love him, and how much you mean to him."

Aaliyah wept on her shoulder. Jameels mum patted her head. "A day will come when Jameel realises what he's lost. I just hope he's not too late."

"He loves you as much as you love him. He just doesn't know it yet. Do you have to go?"

"Yes. I can't stay here and see him with Chammi. It's too much. Maybe if he had chosen someone else, things might have been different. Plus aunty, my mums not well. I've spent so long away from my parents, I feel like fate is calling me back home."

The next morning Aaliyah went to Chammi. "Take care of my best friend."

"Aaliyah", Chammi called out, "I know we haven't always seen eye to eye, but thank you. You got your freedom, I got my guy."

"No. You've got my guy", Aaliyah said as Chammi walked off. Aaliyah went and boarded her train. She couldn't say bye to him. It hurt too much.

"Where do you think your going?"

Jameel stood in front of Aaliyah. He grabbed her hand and said "your going nowhere." "Jameel, let me go. I have to go. Mum needs me." "And I don't?" "You've got Chammi now. Why would you need me?" "I'll still need my best friend."

Aaliyah quickly hugged Jameel. "I'll miss you too, but I need to be there for my mum." Jameel got off and started to walk away. Aaliyah's heart was breaking. As the train pulled away, he turned round. "I'll miss you Aaliyah." "I will too."

😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢