16

Aaliyah wasn't sure how much more she could take. Jameel was doing everything he promised and their friendship was getting stronger by the day, but that was the main problem. Jameel. He was everywhere. He just didn't realise the impact he was having on her life. Him being around her had awoken her old feelings. Feelings she thought she had buried. Being away from him had in time, caused these feelings to go, but now he was back and everywhere. Aaliyah didn't know what to do. She was engaged, and was happy with him, but she knew her real happiness lay with one person- her Jameel. Aaliyah had hoped that by distancing herself and getting engaged might help her move on, but who was she kidding? Only one person resided in her heart, and he would until the day she died.

She didn't know when she had fallen for him, but she had fallen hard. He occupied her every though, every breath. But being around him wasn't doing her any good. She needed to make him leave, and go back. It was breaking her heart all over again, as she was so close to him, yet couldn't tell him. She screamed in frustration, what was happening? Why couldn't her life be easy for once? Aaliyah knew what she had to do, but did she have enough strength to do it? It would hurt her, but this was a must to ensure everyone's happiness. Aaliyah prayed to God to give her the strength for what she was going to do. She fell on her bed and silently screamed into her pillow. She knew she couldn't be weak, she had to do this, even though it hurt her.  Aaliyah knew she had to be strong, being weak would get her nowhere.

So Aaliyah put her plan into motion. The next day she went into work early, and started getting ready for the day ahead. They had a busy day ahead. Aaliyah greeted everyone and got to work. It was a stressful day, but everyone pulled together, and made it fun. When the children had gone, everyone started to pack up. Aaliyah was busy working, when she felt Jameel slide up next to her. Damn it she thought. Everything had been going so well.

"Jameel, how can I help you?"

"Where were you this morning?"

"I had to prepare for today, so I came in early."

"But you should have told me. I would of come in early too."

"Jameel, there was no need. I'm in charge, so I had to deal with other stuff."

"But I could have helped."

"Like I said, you couldn't have done anything, so please stop worrying about it."

With that Aaliyah walked away. Jameel was stunned. What was wrong with her?