4

Aaliyah woke up, in her bed, with a big smile. She hugged her teddy bear to her chest, smiling widely. "He proposed. He finally proposed" she told her teddy bear. "I'm so happy. I've been waiting for this moment forever. You know I've always loved him. I fell in love with him when I didn't even know what love was. We've been at each other's side, since we were children. I never thought this would happen." Aaliyah hugged her bear tightly. "My dream has come true. I'm so happy."

Aaliyah quickly got ready and went to meet Jameel. She had an extra bounce in her step, ever since yesterday. Aaliyah beamed as Jameel made his way over to her.

"Before you say anything, I've got something to tell you."

"Me too Jameel. But why don't you go first?"

"What I said yesterday, I wasn't proposing."

Aaliyah gulped, with tears in her eyes, "I know."

"I only said it because normally when a girl asks me out, I say I'm married. But now I've fallen for chammi."

"Why are you telling me all this?," Aaliyah asked angrily 

"Because Chammi wants to meet my wife."

"And?"

"I need a wife."

Jameel looked pleadingly at Aaliyah. "No" said Aaliyah, realising what he meant. "Please?," asked Jameel. Aaliyah turned around, wiping her tears away. "If you do this for me, I'll love you forever." Aaliyah felt her heart breaking. Couldn't he see how much she loved him? Couldn't he see how much her heart was breaking? In truth, Aaliyah's heart had been breaking ever since she realised how much she loved him, and he had been flirting with other girls, in front of him. She had long since realised he didn't view her that way. That's why she was surprised when she thought he'd proposed. Maybe he had realised she was the girl for him. She had got hopeful for a second.

Jameel hugged her tightly from behind. "Please. I need you. Just do this last favour for your best friend." Aaliyah wiped her tears, turned around and hugged him. "Thank you. Have I told you I love you?" Aaliyah, her voice breaking, "I love you too."