11

Aaliyah was sitting in her bedroom, looking through the pictures. She sighed. This wasn't how she pictured her life. She had hoped to have Jameel in it in some form, but years had passed without any contact, or any news, so she didn't know where she stood. Was he ok? Did he still want her in his life? Was Chammi making him happy? She missed Jameel deeply, but at that time, her mother was not well and she knew she had to be with her. So she'd left, heartbroken but happy she got the chance to be with her mother again, after all these years.

"Aaliyah, are you happy?" Aaliyah was shaken out of her thoughts, as her mum entered the room. "Of course I'm happy mum. I'm engaged, why wouldn't I be happy?" "Do you love him?" "Love? I don't even know what that is anymore. I loved someone once before mum. Look how that turned out. This is just a compromise." "A comprise? I never thought my daughter would live a life without love, just a compromise." "Mum, it's ok. I'm happy." "Are you though?" "Please mum, you know what I went through. I can't risk getting hurt again. I'm happy with this compromise. Just let it be. Anyway I'm late for work. See you later." Aaliyah gathered her books and left for work. Her mums words had really shaken her, so Aaliyah went into a local coffee shop and ordered herself a hot chocolate.

Aaliyah sipped her drink as she went to her job. She loved her job. It took her mind off everything, for a few hours at least. But most importantly she loved her students. They were a ray of sunshine, and helped ease the Jameel shape hole in her life, for a few hours. Aaliyah happily sipped her drink, as she walked to work, then stopped and did a double take. It couldn't be, could it? No, it was probably her imagination. Probably her mind playing tricks on her, because it knew what Jameel was to her. Also, she had been thinking about Jameel a lot these past few weeks. She had made such an important decision, and had wished Jameel could of been here. How I miss you she thought. I wish you were here, I'm getting married. I wish you were here to join me on my journey.

Aaliyah reached her classroom, and got ready for the day ahead. She had a great day with the children, but all too soon it was time to go home. Aaliyah was lost in Jameels thoughts, as she reached home. She opened the door and called out to her mum that she was home. She went into the living room, and dropped her books as she saw who was sitting there.

"Jameel" she whispered