5

Aaliyah's heart was breaking and she was in tears, as she walked home in the rain. How stupid of me to think he'd ever view me as something more then a friend she thought. She was absolutely soaked by the time she got home. She slid down the door and put her head in her knees. She wasn't sure how'd she get through the performance. She shouldn't have agreed. But she could never say no to Jameel. She went along with everything he said, in the hope he might realise how much she loved him. She took her phone out of her pocket, and seeing it was him, answered immediately.

"Jameel, how can I help?"

"Aaliyah, we need to do this properly. In case anyone asks for any details."

"You want to get married for real?"

"Yes, and then once everything is done, I'll set you free so you can find your special someone."

Aaliyah felt tears, running down her cheeks. Oh the irony.

"I'll text you the details. All you need is a cheap dress and to show up."

Aaliyah dropped the phone, and went to bed. She got the details the next day, and soon found herself in a beautiful church, standing opposite Jameel. Aaliyah recited her vows from the heart, lovingly and truthfully.  This marriage might be a joke to you, but it's everything to me, this marriage is real to me Aaliyah thought. I will honour it with everything I have. Aaliyah leant in and kissed Jameel with everything she had. I never thought I'd get married, where the guy treats it as nothing she thought.

At their reception, Aaliyah put her head on Jameels shoulder as they danced. "Thank you. I know it's not real, but it's been a beautiful day," "Aaliyah, you're my best friend, and your already doing so much by agreeing to be my fake wife, couldn't I do a little bit to show you how grateful I am. I know it's not the wedding you wanted, but I tried my best." "It's perfect. I couldn't have asked for a better day, even if I was getting married for real." Jameel smiled brightly at Aaliyah, as they kept on dancing.