Hospital vibes

I get rushed into the hospital with Mattia and Mar right behind my mom and me.

Doctor: only family members allowed, boys.

Mattia: well, I'm her brother.

The doctor nods.

Mar: I'm-

He turns to Mattia.

Mar: what am I?

Mattia: you're a hoe to her ig. Idk.

The doctor stares at them in disbelief.

Mattia speed walks into the hospital room with me and my mom. I turn around to see a disappointed Mariano.

Mila: can't he just come in. He's basically family.

Doctor: it's against the policies I'm sorry.

Mom: just let him god damn it. She won't stop until he's let in.

Doctor: ok, fine, but if anyone asks. He's your cousin. Got it?

We all nod in agreement. Mar smiles and hops into the room.

I'm placed on the hospital bed with the help of Mattia.

Mom: how the hell did this happen? Mattia, mar, how could you let this happen to her.

Mila: it was my fault. I thought I could play with the guys.

Mattia: you always have played with us. It's Max's fault.

Mar: yeah and you showed him up so he got pressed about it.

Mom: pressed?

Mila: mad.

Mom: ohhhh, well, I'm PRESSED rn because some douche bag kicked my baby girl's knee.

A doctor knocks on the door and walks in.

Doctor: hi, so we are going to have you change into this gown in the bathroom right over there, and then I'll be right with you.

I get up slowly and grab the grown. I hop all the to the bathroom and change. After a long 10 minutes of trying to change, i try and walk back out without putting pressure on my knee. I stumble over to the bed until Mattia and Mar help me get into it.

Another doctor walks in and says that we are going to have to take xrays of my knee

Mila: this is exactly what I didn't want to happen.

Mar: it's okay, it's probably just procedure, right?

Mattia: let's hope. Teams will be uneven if her knee is broken.

Mom: really? You're thinking about soccer rn?

She slaps him across the head and he winces in pain.

Mattia: i was joking, ma.

Doctor: it won't take very long. Maybe about 30 minutes and then we can get the results right away.

45 minutes later

I just finished getting the X-ray taken. Mar grabs my hand to comfort me. Nothing really is comforting me right now though.

The doctor walks in to our room and everyone sits up.

Doctor: good news, and some bad news.

Mila: do the bad news first.

Mom: no, good news first

Mattia: you always have to start with bad news first.

Mila: exactly.

Then, we all start arguing over which news to get first.

The doctor clears his throat.

Doctor: I'll start with the bad news, which is that your knee is completely teared. The patellar tendon which is right here. He points to a spot on the X-ray. It's completely separated from the kneecap, which doesn't allow you to straighten your knee.

Mila: good news?

Doctor: fortunately, we have a special brace made just for this tear on the tendon. It'll take about 6-8 weeks to heal completely. Then, you'll take 2 weeks everyday of physical therapy which includes knee exercises to help bend your knee so it gets used to it again.

Mila: 10 weeks and no soccer? My life is over.

I flop back down onto the hospital bed and put a pillow over my face.

Doctor: I'm sorry, but it's the best that we can do. A doctor will be in here shortly to put the brace on and give you crutches, and then you are free to go.

My mom nods and thanks him.

Mila: my life is over mom. Completely.

She grabs my hand and rubs it gently.

Mattia: you can still come with us to watch, kid. Don't worry bout it.

Mila: the last thing i want to do is watch you guys have fun without me

Mar: it's never fun without you.

I look over at him and roll my eyes.

Mila: now is not the time to be romantic Mar.

Mom: i didn't know you two were dating. When were you gonna tell me?

Mila: we aren't dating ma.

Mom: oh.

The doctor comes in and puts the brace on me and gives me crutches to use with them. He helps me up to see if I'm able to walk with it. I can do that perfectly fine, but it hurts.

Doctor: it just takes time to get used to. The 6 weeks will fly by, trust me.

Mila: let's hope. I sigh.

Eventually, we all leave and I say bye to Mar. He gives me a bear hug and kisses me on top of my head.

Mila: no date then huh?

Mar: oh there'll be a date. But tonight just get some sleep ma. I'll text you later.

I nod my head and walk, (or crutch? Idk) over to my moms car. I get in the back seat and we drive home.

Sorry this chapter was so short. It's like 12:30 am here and I'm super tired now and kinda rushed this chapter.