The argument

The ride slows to a stop at the bottom. The boys are waiting eagerly at the bottom. Alejandro is smiling from ear to ear. He gives Alvaro a questioning look and Alvaro just nods his head while cheesing hella.

I shake my head and laugh.

Kairi: she want the whole crew shawty brave.

I run up to Kairi and playfully punch him.

Kairi: ow. That lowkey hurt.

Mila: oops, my bad shawty.

Mattia: what did you and varo do you there?

Mila: none of your business.

Alvaro: AND THEN WE KISSED!

i hear Alvaro say to Alejandro a couple feet away from us.

Alvaro: i did not mean to say that so loud.

Mar: who kissed you?

Mar came out of no where. I go and stand next to Kairi.

Kairi: what?

Mila: i don't want to be the one to tell him.

Kairi: you are the one who made out with Alvaro.

I sigh. Whatever.

Alvaro: uh..

He looks over at me for help.

Mila: just talking about how you kissed Neveah.

Mar: what?

Mila: why do you sound so surprised. Everyone saw it. Basically the whole world.

Mar: look, Mila-

Mila: i REALLLLLY am not in the mood to hear your excuse. I get it now. Why you pulled away when I kissed you. It's not cause you want to comfort me, it's cause you still like Neveah.

Mar: please, hear me out.

Mila: you know what Mar? It's fine, honestly. Because i kissed Alvaro.

Mar: YOU are the one who kissed him?!? What the hell?!

He turns towards Alvaro and Alejandro. He takes two steps forward in a fighting stance. Alejandro pushes him back.

Mila: Mar stop. I kissed him.

Mar: Mila, please. Can we go somewhere and talk.

I look at the boys.

Mila: fine. You have 5 minutes.

He grabs my hand, but I pull it away.

Mila: dont.

He puts his arms up in defense.

As we are walking he breaks the awkward silence.

Mar: i just have one question.

Mila: what?

Mar: did you only kiss him because you were mad at me?

Mila: yes and no.

Mar: explain that then.

Mila: you know I used to like him. Even in his little awkward stage.

Mar: damn. How many of us did you like?

Mila: okay, I'm sorry Mr. Perfect. Sorry I'm surrounded by my brothers friends 24/7. Didn't know it was a crime to catch feelings. And anyways, this was when we first started hanging out, besides the point.

Mar: okay, okay. I'm sorry. Go on.

Mila: feelings for someone never really go away. So, i guess I've always still had a small crush on him, but not enough where it got in the way of you and me. So when I saw you kissing Neveah, do you know how much that hurt me?

Mar: you're saying your feelings for Alvaro wouldn't get in the way, yet you kissed him out of jealousy?

Mila: yes, jealousy. Don't you get it mar?

Mar: explain to me what I don't get, Mila. Please go ahead.

I stop as he walks a little ahead not knowing I stopped. He turns around and looks at me.

I tear up a little. Stop being a little bitch. Just say it.

Mila: I'm in love with you Mariano Castano.

He looks shocked.

Mar: don't cap.

Mila: i wouldn't. Especially not about this, Mar.

He walks up to me slowly and kisses me slowly.

I pull away. Look who's pulling away now.

Mila: i think it's a little too late for that.

I say sadly and slowly. I pull his hands away from my face and walk away. I catch up with the guys, tears flowing down my face. I start wiping them away as I get closer to them.

Mattia: are you-

Mila: can we just go home? Now? Please?

They all nod.

We pile into Mattia's car. I sit between Kairi and Alvaro. Alejandro and Mattia are in the front two seats.

I start balling my eyes out. I put my head on Alvaro's shoulder. He just holds me.

Mila: you were right.

I say through a clouded vision and cracked voice.

Alvaro: shhh. it's okay Mimi.

I cry into his shirt some more. It was silent the whole ride home. No one said a word; all we could hear was the sniffles and silent cries coming from me.

As soon as we made it to the house we piled out. I ran over to the house, just wanting to be in my room. I try running up the stairs, but trip.

Mila: FUCK

Alejandro: here, let me help you.

Mila: NO! I'M FINE!

He looks down at me, fear in his eyes. I've never snapped at him like that.

Mila: I'm sorry, I didn't mean to yell.

Alejandro: you're all good, g. It's fine.

I get up and run inside to my room. I close my door and lock it. I slide down my door, tears forming again. They come faster this time.

I check my phone.

3 missed calls from Samy

1 missed call from Roshaun.

2 missed calls from Vic and Jess.

Ma: honey, are you okay? I heard yelling outside.

I wipe my nose and clear my voice.

Mila: uh, yeah ma. Everything fine. I'm just tired. I'm going to bed, goodnight.

I reset my phone and throw it on my bed. I crawl into bed and fall asleep to the sounds of whispers and crickets outside.

Okay, so this chapter was super dramatic. But I'm thinking of ending this series soon :(