The hard days

Two weeks after I went to the hospital I realized how hard it is to move around.

It takes me a little longer to get to places, even if it's just walking into a restaurant from the parking lot. I haven't seen the boys since the day I went to the hospital because I would feel too bad holding them up from going out.

Today, I just want to chill at home. Mattia invited all of the boys over for a movie night. Eventually, they all show up (Alejandro,Alvaro,Roshaun,Robert,Kairi,Samy, and mar.)

I stay in my room because just getting up is too much effort for me at this point. I know I sound dramatic, but imagine not being able to play the sport you love for 10 weeks, maybe longer.

I watch Disney + while I hear the boys yelling from the basement. I get bored and decide to go down there. So, i grab my crutches and crutch over to the stairs. Most of the time I just throw my crutches down there so i don't have to carry them down with me. I throw them down the stairs and I hear it go silent.

Wtf was that. I hear one of them say

Mattia: probably Mila's crutches.

I slowly hop down the stairs hold onto the railing and the wall for balance.

Mattia: do you need help?!

I hear Mattia scream from downstairs.

Mila: No, I'm all good.

I hear someone reach the bottom of the stairs, and look up at me. Mar.

I haven't seen him since the hospital because most of the time the boys are all out doing stuff. I smile down at him and he has the biggest smile on his face.

Mar: hi mamas.

Mila: hi bub.

I finally reach the bottom of the stairs and Mar hands me my crutches. I look up and i smile at all the boys. They come running over and we have one group hug.

How are you. Are you okay. What did the doctor say. We missed you.

Thats all I kept hearing in the middle of the hug.

Mila: okay, okay. I missed you guys too, but my knee kinda hurts and I can barely breathe.

They all back up and help me to the couch.

Kairi: so, how long till you can be back on the field.

I look over at Mattia with a Disappointed look.

Mattia: 10 weeks including physical therapy.

Alvaro: nah nah. You're capping rn g.

Mattia:wish I was, but Max tore her tendon.

Samy: that asshole. I've always hated him.

Alejandro: I swear to god imma fight his ugly ass.

Mar: you wouldn't be able to take him. He likes 6"0.

Roshaun: you're cappin bruh.

I shake my head no.

Robert: i should've fought him when I had the chance. That bitch ass pussy.

I look over at Mar and he grabs my hand and squeezes it. He smiles softly.

I look back at the boys who are arguing over what happened.

Mila: listen, it's over. I can't go back and change it. But, if I see him again I'm knocking his ass out.

They all nod in agreement.

Mar: I'll jump in

Mila: nah nah. I got it.

Mattia: anyways, what movie are we watching?

Alvaro: friday.

Mila: no, lets watch a romance movie.

Roshaun:hell no.

I look over at him with my puppy dog eyes.

All the boys are saying no.

I look over at them and do the same thing.

Mila: please? For me?

They all sigh.

Fine.

Mila: yay.

I hear Mar mumble under his breath. Princess.

I slap him and he winces.

Mila: watch it, castano.

All the boys get comfortable on the floor, couches, and Mattia's bed. (So for his room Ik he doesn't have all of this probably but the tv is in the middle by the stairs, then two medium size couches on the right side and his bed on the left.)

I lay down on Mattia's bed with Mar. he puts his arm around me and i put my head on his chest. His heart starts beating rapidly.

Mila: are you getting scared Mar? Is THE Mariano Castano nervous?

Mar: maybe...

Mila: how

Mar: i get nervous around you shorty.

I smile and turn to the tv. Mattia puts on 10 things I hate about you. It's a rom-com but it's fine. I slowly drift off to sleep in Mar's arms.

1 hour later

I finally wake up and see that no one is in the basement now. It's just me and Mar, who is still asleep. I slowly get up and roll over. That's when I realized how close to the edge of the bed I was. I fell onto the floor straight on my stomach. My knee.

I fell straight on it. I screamed in pain. It woke Mar up who shot straight up and looked down at me. He got off the bed quickly and rolled me over. I started to tear up.

Mar:Mila, holy shit are you okay? Here.

He said this in the most calm way to not get me scared

He helps me up and sits me on the bed.

Mar: are you alright? Did you hear anything crack?

I shake my head and look up at him with foggy vision from the tears.

I wipe them away and look down at the floor

Mila: sorry, I'm acting like a little bitch.

Mar: no, ma it's okay. It's okay.

He takes his thumb and wipes away some of my tears. I look up at him again and grab his face. I pull it closer to me and give him a slow kiss. He pulls away.

Mar: im sorry, I just- we should go upstairs.

That was weird.

Mila: no, yeah you're right.

Why did he pull away?

We get up the stairs and find the boys in the kitchen.

Samy: ah, you guys finally came up. What were you doing down there.

Mila: trying not to cry, how bout you?

They all look at each other confused.

Mar: which you did anyways.

He smirks. I give him a death stare and he looks away scared.

Mila: I'm going to my room

They all nod. I slam my door and lock it.

I'm over this.

This chapter kinda sucked, but Next chapter might be sad idk yet. But i hope you guys like this book so far. I didn't think anyone would like 🥺