『14』

h/c - hair color
h/l - hair length

Warning : This chapter contains sad themes and maybe too much for some viewers.

Y/n POV

"Why, why why me..?"

I repeated over and over, as my fingers tangled in my hair. Causing knots to show, loose hairs to fall. Gripping my hair, as though I was trying to yank it off.

Hot tears running down my face, the saltiness of each tear as it passed my lips. I was losing it.

I didn't know what to do.

Help me.

Breathing heavily, panting, hyperventilating as though I was in a tight crawl space with no air. As if the walls were closing in on me, preventing my escape, my freedom, the air that I need to live.

With each given breath, I could feel as though I was losing  consciousness. The dizziness arising, lightheaded, I felt..

as though I was ready to pass out.

My toes curled as I could just hear my people looking down on me in disappointment, anger, laughing, at, at me... 'What a disappointment.'

Hold it in, don't break, you can't break. Do it for them, not you, who would care if you just disappeared, "you're nothing."

The pounding of my head, getting louder, like the pound of a fist against a door. Still nude, I was too weak to do anything about it. Heck, I can't even stand up without falling.

Without breaking down. Weak, right? My brother could have would have done better, my father, my mother. They would've been able to handle this, these emotions, no problem. Keep the kingdom afloat...

The clenching of my teeth, as I grind them together,feeling the screeching upon my teeth.

Soon...

The door opens.

A tall figure stands in the center of the doorway, their face hard to make out, as the shadow of the light was covering it. Tall in his stature, I squint my eyes.

He soon steps into the light slowly, there you go. There he was, his long dark brown hair, with his white pale face, and gentle hands to complete the ensemble.

"Lord Elrond."

I spoke, my voice raspy, from the quiet screams, overdose of crying. I try to hold up a fake smile, lifting the corners of my lips. Though the more I stared at him, in my little corner. My knees pressed against my chest, I couldn't help but think he was looking down on me in disappointment.

That he never really believed in me, that he never trusted me nor liked me. Just feeling pity on me. My eyes soon was clouded with the brimming of tears, as I looked up at him.

He gradually moved forward to my form, slowly. As if I was a scared animal, an injured one backed in a corner, who would run at any moment in the sense of danger.

His form becomes more and more blurry, the more tears that I tried to wipe. The more they had fallen, running down my cheeks in a flood. Looking down at my hands, closing my eyes for longer periods of times, in attempt to stop my ridiculous crying.

Though when I looked up, Elrond, was cupping my hands gently. Rubbing them with his thumb, he smiled gently at me, as I choked on my sobs. Shaking violently, shivering, hiccuping with each sob. Breath uneven, I looked down once more closing my eyes, feeling as though I was sinking, drowning in salty tears. 'Why, why am I still alive?'

"Y/n?" Elrond questioned softly, before grabbing onto my shoulders, rubbing them with his thumbs, once he had bent down to my sitting form. To comfort this shaking ruler, who can't control her emotions for her life..!
My hands entangled in my hair once again, shaking my head. His voice started to fade out, as I sank deeper into this endless void.

"Y/n!"

I snap my head up, softly glaring at Elrond. My teeth grinding against one another, as another flood of tears came bursting through. Shaking my head, hearing the ringing in my ears, vision once clear, now cloudy again. My h/c h/l hair flying everywhere as I shook, his grip tightening.

I was then pulled into a tight but comforting hug, I in return reluctantly wrapped my arms around his clothed form

I was then pulled into a tight but comforting hug, I in return reluctantly wrapped my arms around his clothed form. Breaking down, in his arms, showing what was really behind my strong facade. Showing my weakness.

Feeling something draped over me, a long comforting blanket. Wrapping my arms around his neck, as I pulled him closer to my shaking form. He only returned it, allowing me to snuggle my head in to the crook of his neck.

"When my wife had went missing, when she died.. I felt great agony, I didn't know what to do with myself, though I got through it. Just like you will." He said pulling back a little so he could see my face, that had some running snot and the marking of dried tears, current flowing of tears, the redness of cheeks, up to my red puffy eyes, to my plump lips.

I didn't stare up at him as my head had now pressed against his chest. Soaking his silky garments, he began to rub my back through the fabric of the blanket. He respected my choices, he never disregarded my feelings, always kept me in mind even from when I first had met him when I was just a babe.

"You'll get through this Y/n, I know you will. You're very strong."

"I-I'm n-no-not str-strong." Stuttering with my words, with each word the passes from my mouth, I feel as though I could lose my consciousness at any second. He then placed his head upon mine, holding onto me with a gentle touch.

"You are strong, be selfish for a bit, who have to think of yourself, Y/n. Everyone has their breaking point, that goes for you as well, my dear. Your family, parents, brother, friends, citizens, wouldn't want this for you. You are a great ruler, don't ever doubt yourself, Y/n."

He said in his smooth gentle voice, causing me to calm down slowly. As my quiet whimpers quieted down, the choking of my tears coming to a close.

"T-Thank you..El-Elrond.."

—//—

I'm sorry if I didn't get some of the timeline correct, though I am changing some things, to not exactly be with the movie. Hope you all liked it, just a comforting moment, behind all the laughs, welp I have secret Santa and I need to work on their present so bye!