『15』

Hey guys sorry for missing the update on the 15th, had finals on Tuesday 17th, Wednesday 18th, Thursday 19th, of December. So yeah, plus I am now sick as ever, since a few of my classmates were already sick, stuck in the same classroom breathing the same air, but that's not what got me sick. Let's just say I got sick from a classmate. *shivers*

Sorry if it seems as though I am being whiny about it, I apologize.

Khuzdul = Underlined

Y/n POV

What felt like hours now, was me currently sitting in my room. How I got here was from Elrond, with my permission of course. He carried me here, bridal style. Which caused some elves to turn their attention momentarily towards us, some eyebrows raised the usual, for two rulers. Though more so however when one is half naked, with just a blanket draped over themselves.

Some elves who I had recognized as soldiers bowed their heads to us, before moving on. The rest is a bit blurry, though I do remember this.

A dwarf, specifically Bifur, was the first to spot us. Me in the arms of an elf, a species second to dragons on their hate list. His eyes had widen, before squinting almost as if he were glaring at Elrond. Before shouting.

He shouted in Khuzdul;

"Put her down, elf!"

I hazily looked up, still groggy, a tad dizzy, okay a lot dizzy from the whole crying ordeal. Plus sleepy. Hinting why Elrond was carrying me. Then I could hear the thundering footsteps of presumably the dwarves, clanking of their weapons as they bounced with each thundering footstep. Low and behold it was some of the dwarves not all, missing the following of four individuals that being Thorin, Fíli, Dwalin, as well as Bilbo.

Though I do believe he is or might as well could be asleep at that hour, as it was pretty late.

They raised their weapons at Elrond, their gazes hardened, though they seemed to soften at my shivering form. Not from how cold it was in the halls, but I was scared from them, the dwarves, scared of what was to happen. I was already such a burden to them, keeping them up, I didn't want any trouble for Elrond nor the dwarves for my reckless and ridiculous actions.

"Are you alright, love?"

Causing a few heads to turn, to Kili, Nori elbowing him in the side. Though I was too tired to care much really. I tried to wave my hands in a soothing motion, to calm them done, scared that if I were to speak, my voice would betray me. Showing how weak I was from the amount of crying. The dwarves looks upon their faces held true concern, they were confused.

"What did you do to her lads?"

Glóin asks with a concerned look upon his bearded face, a quizzical look give or take. Taking a step before the group of his fellow companions, looking back upon them. Glóin acted upon this situation like a big brother, well that was the character he did play in my mind. He was always a big brother to me, always making sure I was treated with respect that I deserved. The dwarves' solution to this response was to look everywhere but Glóin's eyes or face for that matter.

I tapped Elrond's shoulder, still draped and covered with the blanket. The elven Lord, shifted his head to my side, allowing me to whisper my plan into his ear. I was too weak to use magic, so I couldn't have been able to use my magic in any way to save me from this situation. Now you might be wondering, couldn't you ask Damien to your rescue, well though yes he usually hides within my shadow.

It does not require him to be with me 24/7, he is my friend, solider, and follower. He is a true mount, though now sleeps within my room, while I was in that confrontation. Fast asleep, I did not wish to nor want to bother him after the long trip. He deserves to get well rested before we have to head once more off.

Elrond then breaks the tense silence among the dwarves, by speaking up. Speaking eloquently, smooth, calm, yet loud and commanding voice. One, of a true leader, I couldn't help but stare up in awe as he handled the situation. Though enough to have me peak from the safety of the blanket, but I soon retreated under them.

"I understand all of your concerns, for your companion. Though she is very well worn out and she has asked me to return her to her chambers. You may question her, when she feels better. When she is ready to answer your questions, may I continue to carry her to her chambers?"

I peaked from out of the covers, directing my stare at Glóin, as he along the others stood unconvinced. Nonetheless Elrond had stood his ground firmly, Glóin catches my stare as I silently plead him to let us through. He reluctantly nods, trusting me.

"Let them pass, men!"

Once to the elven door, Elrond allows me to stand on my two feet. I open the door creak free, biding an adieu to him, about to close the door. Before Elrond sticks his foot in the doorway, causing a wedge between the door and the lock.

I looked up at him perplexed.

"If you need anything, anything at all dear one, feel free to ask me. My chambers are always open, Rivendell is always open to you."

He then bends down slightly as I am of course shorter from that of an elf. Lifting his hand, only to touch his gentle slender fingers onto my cheek, caressing it softly.

"Mui mellon, mui meld er."

I smile softly, though Elrond feeling my tired aura he said his adieus, before taking his leave.

==Current Time==

Leaving us where we are now, me stressing on my bed, as I sat upon it.

What am I supposed to say to them? I just hope I didn't ruin my friendship with any of them, I just hope they can forgive me at the end of this never ending adventure of a quest. it had been a few hours since then, come on Y/n you had to build up your kingdom after the fiasco after your father and brother. You helped your people succeed and never lost a fight in anything physical, you can do this.

Compared to everything else, this is minor, you can hold your own in some tension. By the way I am already fully dressed in the same well tailored dress and cropped coat from before.

Giving yourself a once over in the mirror in your room, as well as a little pep talk before continuing on forward

'Well here we go.'