Seventeen

"Please Jisoo, I really need your help."

Jennie sat in Jisoo's office on a Saturday morning trying to get any information she could on Lisa's whereabouts. After her talk with Chaeyoung, Chaeng avoided Jennie like the plague so her next step was Jisoo.

"I can't help you Jennie, Chaeng hasn't told me anything about Lisa. I don't think she wants to give any information because she doesn't want me to tell you."

Jennie leaned back in the chair and looked at the ceiling.

"This is all my fault. I should've turned Kai away the moment I opened the door. I really have feelings for her and it's been so long since I felt like this."

"It's not your fault Jennie, she's been battling demons way before you came in the picture. Maybe you should take Chaeyoung's advice and just let her get help, when she's back then pursue her again but for now, live your life and let her get help."

.

.

.

.

"So what are you in for?"

"I thought you're not supposed to ask that."

"Sorry but that's in prison and you're gonna have to share eventually so why not do it now. I'm Tzuyu by the way."

"Lisa."

Lisa had been in Jeju for a week and she was starting her program to get help today so Chaeyoung's aunt, Dara, dropped her off at the clinic. And now here she was talking to this Tzuyu girl waiting for her session to start.

"What time is your session? Wanna hangout after?"

Lisa couldn't tell what was up with Tzuyu.

"My session is in 5 minutes and don't you have a home to go to, why would you wanna hangout when we just met."

Tzuyu was a bit taken back at this outburst from Lisa.

"I'm one of the live-ins, they don't trust me to be home yet."

Lisa looked at Tzuyu and could see sadness in her eyes and now felt bad.

"I'm sorry, I'm an asshole. If you're still up for it we can hangout after." Lisa said to make up for being rude, she was still getting used to jeju and their people.

"Perfect!" Tzuyu said excitedly. "I'll see you after, just come to room 227 and I'll be there."

Tzuyu got up and walked away towards the exit of the clinic's office and toward the dorms.

'Weird girl.' Lisa thought.

"Lisa Manoban?" A woman in a yellow sunflower dress and a white cardigan stepped out of the office that said Dr. Hwang.

Lisa stood up in front of the doctor. "That's me."

"Good morning, Lisa. I'm Dr. Hwang but please call me Tiffany." Tiffany stuck out her hand for Lisa to shake which she did. "Come in and take a seat on the couch."

Lisa walked into the office and did as Tiffany said.

"So Lisa, tell me about yourself." Tiffany sat down in the chair across from the couch Lisa sat on.

Lisa played with rips in hear jeans will looking at out the window of Tiffany's office. "What do you wanna know?"

Tiffany had her note pad and pen in her lap ready to take notes. "Let's start with why do you think you're here."

Lisa chuckled at that statement. "Why am I here? Maybe because my father beats and I tried to kill myself by letting him almost beat me to death."

Tiffany wrote some things done in her note pad before speaking again. "Do you think you deserve to be hit by your father?" 

"No one deserves to be treated the way I am. My father is a monster who would rather kill his own kid than try to accept them for who they are."

Tiffany continued to write. "I think it's best if we start from your childhood and how you grew up."

"Well let's see, I was an only child for about five years before my brother was born. But I can't really remember much from those five years." Lisa paused.

"I do remember that one night a year after my brother was born I woke up in the middle of the night because I had a bad dream and when I went to find my mom, I heard my parents fighting. My father had said something about sending something away to go and live with my aunt. I now realize he was talking about me. The next day I woke up he was gone and I didn't see or hear from him for ten years only Lucas did."

Tiffany stopped writing to question Lisa. "Do you resent your brother for the relationship he has with your father?"

Lisa got a little uncomfortable with the question Tiffany asked. "No I do not resent my brother. I'm happy that he had something I never did, the love of a father. I want him to grow up and be a better person than I am, and if that happens because he has my father's attention then I'm ok."

"Tell me about when you first moved in with your father and your first abusive experience with him.

Lisa sat back in the couch, almost trying to disappear into it and hide from everyone and everything.

"I didn't wanna go. I wanted to stay with Lucas and my aunt but my mom asked me to go. On her deathbed she said I would have a better future if I went to school in Korea and lived with my father so I went, for her and only her." Lisa paused 

"I don't know if you know this but I'm intersex and my father never accept that I wasn't a normal girl. When I went to live with him, I found out  he was a teacher at the high school I would be attending. It was quiet at first but then everything changed after he started drinking more and more. He would curse me out and call me names but when I started dating he lost it. I brought a girl home during a day I had off of school and he was out of the house, the girl and I were in the middle of something when he came busting through the door..."

"That was the first time he hit me."

Tiffany's pen finally stopped moving and she looked up at Lisa who looked like she had built about twenty walls up since starting the session.

"I think we should end the session here and pick back up tomorrow, what do you say?"

Lisa just nodded and left Tiffany's office.

.

.

.

.

Lisa felt like she was in a haze as she walked through the halls of the center. She didn't know how she got to room 227 but next thing she knew she was knocking on this strange girl's door. the door opened and Tzuyu stood there with a smile on her face, a smile that Lisa couldn't tell if it was a genuinely happy smile.

"Hey! How was the first session?" Tzuyu asked energetically.

Lisa shook her head. "I don't wanna talk about it. So I got about 45 minutes until my ride comes so what's fun around here?"

Tzuyu smiled big. "Come on I'll show you." She grabbed Lisa's hand and took off down the hallway.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

TO BE CONTINUED... 

(A/N: So So Sorry for the wait but a certain someone has had me extremely distracted. I'l try to update again soon after I update babysitter, but I'm not giving you a set date just know it's soon.)