Shadow

It had been three months since Wisconsin. The two had been in Hell's Kitchen for the entire time. They still had their hearts set on the Russians. They had collected over 70 guns in total including one rocket launcher. Lucky for Lena and Frank, they had picked up a pitbull used for fighting.

"There's a party," Frank mumbled breaking the silence. Lena shot him a questioned look. "Its a party mostly for the Russian gang and all their errand runners and drug suppliers. It looks like Grotto is gonna be there and maybe Scott." Frank stared at Lena trying to see a response before she gave one.

Lena sighed, "We're not worrying about Scott right now, for all we know he could be back in Germany having a nice night with some ecstasy and some hookers." Lena knew that wasn't true, she still had the sticky note that was dropped at the bus station. She knew he was waiting. "But Grotto on the other hand..."

Frank nodded, "He'll be there, we can take out some of the Russians and at least Grotto."

"What's your problem with Grotto anyways?"

"My problem is that he is a problem that needs to be dealt with. If we want to interrupt their party then we should leave now." Frank said as he grabbed a gun for himself and Lena.

Once they arrived at the building they figured out the best location to ambush them, a factory window that took up the width of the room. 

Lena and Frank waited until they heard laughter and shot glasses clinking together. Then, they took fire. They didn't have an aim, just anywhere and everywhere hoping to blow everybody's head off in that room.

Once the deed was done they left back to their safehouse to listen to the radio. By the time they turned the radio on, every station was filled with police talking back and forth about how 37 men were killed but no one was to blame.

The radio static had gone off, "It looks like an army did it but no trace of even a person." Said the radio. Lena looked at Frank, she almost felt proud that they had confused the police. 

The radio's static had gone again but this time it was a different voice, "Three guys survived, two died on the way to the hospital and the other refused to go. He had some hip hair and dressed like an Italian gang leader."

Lena put her hands on her face in frustration, "We should go see if that's Grotto, ya know, just in case it's him."

Frank puffed out a quick burst of air, "Probably should." Frank grabbed a shotgun and his trench coat and left with Lena behind him.

They had waited in an ally trying to figure out where Grotto would be. Lena thought out loud, "I bet he went to a bar to get his last drink, bled out on the table and a couple good samaritans took him to the hospital... while he was unconscious." She waited a moment, "He wakes up in the hospital, for some reason no one knows that he's a criminal. He's freaked out and doesn't know what to do."

Frank raised an eyebrow at her, "You really think he's in the hospital by now?" Lena nodded her head as she bit her lip in excitement. The two were headed to the nearest hospital in Hell's Kitchen. 

Once they walked in no one questioned them, probably because Lena had a pistol hidden in her waistband and Frank had the shotgun hidden in his coat. 

They walked until they found the emergency patient hall. They had walked down for a while before Frank's shotgun slipped out of his coat. It was enough for everyone to see, screams filled the halls and people ran out of their rooms, fire alarms were pulled, just chaos.

Soon, Lena and Frank saw Grotto run out of a room, he was following a tall blonde woman. 

Even though Frank didn't have a clear target he still shot at them. He made women scream, he made lights burst. After a couple feet he lost the two. "Outside," Frank mumbled and Lena followed. 

She only knew this Frank when he was intimidating to her, like that time she threw hot chocolate on him. This was Frank when he was the Terminator, he couldn't be stopped unless he wanted to.

The two skipped going outside, instead, they went straight for the roof where they saw Grotto speeding off with the unknown woman. Frank shot at them the best he could with a shotgun before he was kicked in the face by a dark figure, knocking the shotgun out of his hands.

The two grunted on the floor as they wrestled each other. Lena pulled her pistol out but the dark figure kicked it out of her hands. Frank and the shadow fought on the rooftop, Frank had managed to get back to where he had dropped the shotgun.

He stood up quickly as he cocked the gun, the shadow and Frank stared at each other. Frank had a thick stream of blood running from his nose into his mouth. Lena had a conspiracy that Frank had maybe liked the taste of his own blood given the fact that he never wipes it off his face.

The shadow was a man, he wore a red suit that only allowed his mouth and nose to show. He too was bleeding but not as much as Frank. 

Frank stared at the man, "Bang." He mumbled almost eerily, he then pulled the trigger and the man went unconscious.

Lena and Frank breathed a breath of relief. But it didn't last long when Frank approached the man and cocked the gun over his head. "Frank! Don't kill him."

Frank darted his eyes from Lena to the man, "What's wrong with you? Why do you care?"

"He hasn't done anything to you."

"He got in my way."

"Damn right he did. But you're not after him, you're after Grotto." Lena pushed the gun away from the man's head as Frank changed his mind.