The Prince of My Dreams (Prinxiety)

//revives this book with the power of necromancy
have some prinxiety because i didn't add any last time and went on a two month hiatus.
sorry about that.
and thank you for your comments! i always enjoy reading them even if i don't get the chance to respond (*^^*)
also i'm aware that roman's hand is backwards in the picture bUT I WORKED TOO HARD ON THAT AND I'M TOO LAZY TOO CHANGE IT.

Roman walked into the common room with a bounce in his step and "True Love's Kiss" being sung under his breath. Today wasn't different from any other ordinary - or as ordinary as it could get around the Mindscape - day as a part of Thomas. And yet, Roman had a strange feeling something wonderful would happen. Perhaps an idea for an original song was underway? Or he would yet again take on another perilous battle with the Dragon Witch and win? He pondered what sort of lovely things were to be expected with a smile.

What Roman did not expect however, was the most anxious of the sides, Virgil, dozing happily on the couch. A rosy red dusted Roman's face as he saw the side nuzzle his face against one of the sofa pillows with a small grin.

Despite what some may believe, Roman did not hate Virgil. He only tried to rile him up as a sign of affection. And no, it's not the best way to win over your crush. But every time he went to compliment Virgil, those beautiful hickory eyes - not quite black but close - would tug on his heartstrings and he found themselves drowning in them. As if he were Icarus, who had flown too close to the sun. Roman would always end up spewing out an insult he himself did not believe.

The prince quietly approached the slumbering side. Patton had remarked that Virgil didn't appear to be getting much sleep so he had gotten worried. It seemed that Virgil hadn't meant to fall soundly asleep, as the screen of his phone shone in his hand. And yet here he was on the sofa, one hand tucked under a pillow which his messy bedhead was rested on and the other clutching his phone, nearly brushing the floor.

Roman sighed as he knew how unhealthy it was to sleep on the couch. It was a bit of a bad habit Thomas himself had which Logan kept reminding him of, yet all the sides knew he probably wouldn't stop. He contemplated the best way to move Virgil to his room without waking him up but ultimately settled for picking him up, sinking to the side's room, and leaving.

Turns out, that wouldn't work at all.

Virgil was much like a cat in several aspects. That included being picked up. He simply wouldn't budge from the couch and Roman struggled even prompting the side to sit upright. Virgil stirred and Roman's breath hitch as the anxious side's eyes fluttered open.

"R...Roman?"

Roman stumbled back with an apology ready on his tongue and a blush on his face, "Ah, very sorry, Virgil. I was trying to pick you up and transport you to your room but I didn't want to wake you up because I know you haven't been sleeping lately and well..."

As the princely side continued to fumble over his words, Virgil's face morphed from confused to what could only be described as a completely lovestruck grin. He threw his arms around Roman's neck and nuzzled his face into the prince's chest.

"I didn't know you cared so much Princey," Virgil smiled and gazed up at Roman, "Well you're only a part of my dream so I guess I'll call you Dream-Roman. Even if you are already dreamy."

Virgil giggled at his joke and Roman could only stare at him with wide eyes and a gaping mouth. What was happening? Why was Virgil acting so...loopy and carefree around him? Virgil was always a person who had his guard up. Maybe the side was having less sleep than Roman had thought.

And didn't he say something about a dream?

"V-Virgil," Roman willed down the blush threatening to spread on his face, "What was that you said about dreams?"