The Darkest FamILY (Familial Dark Sides & Background Dukeceit)

oh hey it was only one month hAH

i'm so sorry i procrastinate 24/7

merry bitchmas and happy hanukah everyone. lost motivation for the logicality fic i'm sorry but here's some short demus instead.

when deceit's words are bolded, he's lying.

Remus raced through the halls of the Mind, his heart pounding in his chest threatening to burst through. Panic had found home in his normally acid green eyes and his hands shook with fright.

When he finally found Deceit, the dishonest side was sitting on the sofa and reading in the common room of the dark sides'. He glanced up at Remus with a small smile but it instantly turned into a frown when he saw Remus's expression.

"Remus?"

"He's gone, Dee."

Remus ran over to Deceit and grabbed him by the shoulders, tears in his eyes,

"I've looked for him everywhere, I've checked every place I know. He's... gone. Just, poofed."

Deceit hadn't had much of a reaction to the situation but something clicked. Alarm had taken over his face. He threw down the book he was reading and looked at the crying half of creativity in disbelief.

"No."

Remus nodded, even if he was the dark side of creativity he wasn't one to tell an awful lie to someone he loved, especially Deceit.

"No, no, no, no, NO!"

Deceit growled and shook off Remus, ripping off his hat and throwing it across the room. He glared at Remus, who looked absolutely frightened like a caged animal and the lying side felt a pang of guilt in his chest.

"I- I'm sorry Dee. It's- it's all my fault..."

"Yes, it obviously is. You have complete control over what he does."

Deceit sighed and went over to Remus and wiped the last of his tears away. Remus leaned into his touch and dragged Deceit to the couch and rested his head on his shoulder. The dishonest side apologized as he played with Remus's hair. The latter had forgiven him and started rambling to distract themselves from the news they had just received.

-

"And here I was thinking he could help me in my latest project. There were gonna be piranhas and bondage and everything!"

"Hm, that doesn't sound interesting at all."

"I know right! He can be such a dick! You are what you eat right DeeDee?"

Deceit hid his smile by hiding it behind his gloved hand. Remus pushed said hand away with a fond grin on his face.

"I like your giggly smile," Remus admitted coyly, "I mean, your scheming one is hotter than Satan's asshole obviously, but this one is cute too."

The lying side felt his human half blush and mumbled a small "shut up" beneath his breath as the duke of intrusive thoughts pressed a light kiss to his forehead. Deceit didn't take off his hat often because of what he liked to call his "utterly unprofessional hat hair" but Remus thought it was cute. Part of his hair always stayed a bit curly and messy no matter how much the snake fiddled with it.

"It sucks really," the duke sighed, "I thought he would stick around for a while. I guess he decided he was too good for us."

"I suppose so. Bastard."

Remus laughed again and kissed his cheek, "But I'm really sorry Dee. I thought I could make him stay."

"As I said before, it's totally your fault and you should keep apologizing."