VII

::Lyric::

"We are all rogues, but I am alpha. We aren't a recognized pack; most of us are exiles from packs with no where else to go. We call ourselves SaberFang, named for myself and my Beta partner," she explained.

"Ric, you're sharing more than need-to-know," Baine rumbled.

"Bear, babe, stop being a dick, again," Ric snapped. "We might be rogues, but we're not like that group of assholes and I want to keep ours safe. Put your dick down; your wolf is wound up on BloodLust."

Baine's cheeks turned pink and he shuffled his feet. "Sorry. It's hard with an unmated male near you. My wolf knows we have a bond, but he knows it isn't a TrueBond," he explained sheepishly.

"TrueBond or not, your mine!" she snarled. "And your wolf should damn well know it by now. Single males aren't a threat, even if I wanted them. You know I would never set you aside; I've proven that before."

"Well, now that's interesting, darlin'," drawled a new voice. Somehow, he had snuck up on the trio without them noticing. Ric's head snapped to the right, eyes glowing, as she looked at the approaching wolf. The pack alpha glanced around and noticed the rogues had all retreated back into the trees and left their alpha and beta.

Baine growled and stepped around the alpha to be between Ric and the newcomer. His upper lip was curled in aggression. "MateLess," he snarled. That answered what had him on edge, though Ric couldn't fathom why the new wolf was more threatening than the MateLess alpha.

"Calm, Beta. I won't take your Bonded. I'm Dallas Royal," he introduced himself. "My status isn't known, so I'd appreciate it if you didn't say that so loudly."

"Dallas, brother of Phoenix?" Ric demanded, her hackles rising. She knew Phoenix's story well; he was Bonded to Ric as well to keep his wolf steady.

"You've seen him?" Dallas demanded. "He's alive?" He took a step towards Ric only to be stopped by a massive hand against his chest.

"I suggest you step away from the female," the alpha commented. "I'm Draven, by the way. Now we all know each other's names."

Ric snarled at Dallas, rage in her eyes. "He's alive, I guess. We found him near dead a few years back. He's mine," she challenged. Dallas held his hands up in surrender and stepped back.

"I lost his trail almost five years ago," the prince defended himself. "I looked for another year before I assumed he'd died"

"While these trees are pretty, can we take this back to the pack? I need to check on my wolves," Draven suggested.

"Depends. Will we be welcome?" Ric asked.

"I'm Alpha, you'll be my guests," was the answer. "I say you're welcome, they have to accept."

"Lead on, Alpha," she mocked. Draven ignored her tone and turned towards town. Dallas fell into step beside him, Ric behind them and Baine protected her back.