XI

::Rogue Pack - Previously SaberFang::

It had been quiet since Ric had left the GreyClaw Pack. She had kept Baine and Phoenix at a distance, not ready to accept comfort for the emotional storm inside her. She knew that at least Baine was aware of her attraction to the Double D's as she called them.

Dallas's joke about collecting a harem of MateLess wolves didn't seem so funny now. She had left quickly after realizing her attraction; she wasn't in the right mind frame to discuss adding more men to their relationship.

She hadn't had to ask about Phoenix - Baine had suggested that on his own. She remembered that discussion easily.

Ric and Baine stood just inside the clinic room and stared at the male sedated on the cot. They'd found him nearly two weeks ago and it had taken their best efforts to keep him from Death's door.

"He's MateLess," she whispered, breaking the silence. "Do we have any rejects that would pair well with him?" Something in her gut twisted at the idea of him being with someone else.

"Or you could claim him," Baine tossed out. Ric's head whipped to face him.

"What? I have you, I don't need another. Wouldn't your wolf see him as a threat?"

"My wolf is, surprisingly, content with it. He wants a bite of him, too," Baine explained. "It would give us more stability."

"True, the balance would be more steady. It will be his choice, though. You know I won't force anyone," she insisted.

"Y'all could talk to me instead of about me?" a raspy voice suggested. "That would be the polite thing."

"You're awake!" Ric rushed to the side of the cot and immediately began checking his vitals and injuries. "You're healing well, at least. Another day, maybe two at the most, and you'll be set. You were pretty rough when we found you and I don't have enough power to heal you in one go. How long have you been alone? Where'd you-" Ric's rambling was cut off by a finger against her mouth. She nipped it in annoyance as the injured male chuckled.

"I've been out there for almost three years. I can't tell you where I'm from; I can't risk my family even if this was their fault. And I'd be interested in wrestling your male to figure our dominance, if you'll have me in your unit."

"No need to wrestle; I'll win. The only wolf I'll ever submit to is that one," Baine stated with a nod at Ric. "I'm Baine, she calls me Bear. She's Lyric, goes by Ric. We at least get a name?"

"Phoenix," he rasped. "My brother called me Nix, though. Only person to care enough to give me a nickname."

"Well, Nix, once you're back on your feet, you're mine," Baine growled. "Welcome to SaberFang Pack, and our unit as you called it."

Baine and Nix still wrestled frequently, though not for dominance anymore. The two were evenly matched, but it was good for their wolves. Nix had declined a Beta title; he was happy to contribute manual labor to the pack and step in as Gamma when needed.

Those two spent more time together than she did with them, though they always had dinner and went to bed together. She got lost in her thoughts as she wondered how their dynamic would change if they added the two new wolves.

Note: Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions? Thanks!