XX

::Royal Castle::

"Dear, let's go into the parlor and sit. It sounds like they have an interesting story to tell," the queen interrupted. She led their party down a hallway and stood patiently as they all entered and sat.

"Ric should tell it," Baine grunted. "She started it all." The she-wolf straightened her spine and pulled a scroll from somewhere in her skirt.

"First, I'd like to formally file this with the king. I'm tired of the council's rejections despite having Prince Dallas's seal on it," she stated as he handed the paper to the king. He inspected the seal and opened it.

"You've made a pack," he said. "Out of rogues? But, not the ones destroying everything?" He clearly didn't believe her.

"Listen to my story before you make assumptions," she chided him. "Nearly ten years ago, I met my mate. He and I carried on in secret because he wanted to wait until my twenty-first birthday to publicly claim me. Instead, he claimed Tabitha WhiteFang, rejected me and exiled me..."

The royal family sat in silence as Ric explained how she fought turning Feral, her plan to end her life, and finding Baine. The queen sobbed quietly when Ric shared how they found Phoenix and nursed him back to health.

"As Dallas joked earlier, my wolf collects MateLess," Ric concluded. "Only their wolves calm the Feral inside me. So, when Draven and Dallas were kidnapped, she wasn't pleased."

"Kidnapped?" the king interrupted. "But, Councilman WhiteClaw said Dallas had returned from his trip after finding his mate. You mean to tell me that I had one of my alphas in the prison without knowing?"

"Yes, sire. Because someone on your council is involved with these attacks. Wait, did you say Councilman WhiteClaw? As in the uncle to the alpha Tabitha is already mated to?" Ric clarified.

"He's the head of the council; all communication goes through him."

"Goddess, that's the missing link! They couldn't kill Dallas in the attack, so they were going to force a mating between him and Tabitha. That would elevate her status.." Ric trailed off and mumbled to herself.

"Princess, you have to share," Phoenix prodded gently.

"Tabitha becomes a Princess. King, maybe Queen, die. Dallas king, Tabby Queen, Dallas dies. Tabby queen, Mik from Consort to King, new regime. Councilman WhiteClaw controls it all through Mik," Ric rushed to explain.

"Commander!" the king snapped. "Detain Councilman WhiteClaw, Mikael and Tabitha WhiteFang, and seclude the rest of the council in their chambers!"

"Yessir!"

"But how did you know?" the queen asked. She'd finally stopped sobbing, though her eyes were will reddened from tears.

"I don't think like others. I can add one and one to get seven; I see patterns and clues better than others." Ric shrugged. "I've always been the odd wolf. I was Outcast in the WhiteFang Pack; no one wanted the weird wolf."

"Sire," the commander interrupted. "The WhiteFang Alpha and Luna have fled the premises. Councilman WhiteClaw was detained in an attempt to flee. The remaining council have been barred in their rooms."

"Good," the king grumped. "Let's get to the bottom of this."