IX

::Grey Claw Pack::

"Alpha Ric, you suggested we all sit down. Where do you want to start?" Dallas asked after they'd all found chairs in Draven's den.

"First, let's dispense formalities. I'd rather be friendly allies than civil allies who have to posture with titles and crap," she said. "I also think, since we have a representative from the Royals, Packs, and Rogues, we should share intel. Whatever is going on with the rogues affects us all. We need to work together to protect ourselves."

"Fair enough," Draven agreed. "I don't know much, honestly, other than general information that anyone would know. Rogues banding together, attacking packs, and they're traveling east."

"We know they are taking out small packs first, support packs. This is the first attack on a major pack," Dallas added. "Our council suggested this Pack was next based on the majority of its support packs being gone. They didn't seem to have any evidence beyond that, so I was skeptical. I'm glad I was here, though."

"Who knew you were coming? Who knew of your connection?" Ric interrupted.

"Well, Father knows so the council knows. Mother might, if she was sober enough. Nix, but he's with you," the prince answered with a shrug. "It isn't common knowledge. Only the council and Father knew I planned to travel."

"You were the target," Ric started.

"What? How did you get from my visit to me as the target?" Shock colored Dallas's words. Ric didn't answer, her mind spinning through everything she knew.

"Ric thinks a bit differently than other," Baine hedged. "She's brilliant, sees things others don't, and can find a pattern everyone else wouldn't and couldn't see."

"Our pack has survived without recognition for over five years because of her brain," Nix rumbled. "She found a way to keep all of us from going Feral without a true Pack Bond."

"Minimal knowledge, visit because of assumed attack, no proof, attack happens day of arrival," Ric muttered to herself. The males all stopped talking and listened as she chattered to herself.

"Starlight, you need to talk to us, not yourself," Nix prodded gently.

"The attacks have all been on support packs," she started. "The plan is to eliminate support packs THEN go after the big packs. Going after the main packs right now doesn't fit the pattern.

"Then, the council suggests this is the next target. So, Dallas comes to visit an old friend who just happens to be the Alpha and the pack is attacked only hours after he arrives? Too coincidental.

"And, they are aware that my pack is nearby? An unofficial pack of rogues? They are going to try to place the blame on us since they aren't aware that we came to help. Unless they had someone watching, or one escaped..." Ric trailed off as more patterns and strategies raced through her mind.

Dallas and Draven looked at the female with a mixture of shock and awe; Nix and Baine were used to how her brain could piece together a pattern faster than a computer.

"Also, you have to take into account that all the major male figures of the groups targeted in this plot are MateLess with significant power. With a full Choice Mate Bond, y'all would end up tipping the power scale significantly in your favor," she added as an afterthought, oblivious to the affect her last comment had.