XVII

[Image: Ric's Mating gown]
::Rogue Pack::

"Put the call out, Nix," Ric ordered. "Everyone needs to be back here within three days. It's time for the pack to come home. Ry, can you get in touch with packs allied to Draven? I can't exactly order you, but we'll need all the help we can."

"Yes, Alpha!" Ry gave a short bow and left the room to make some calls.

It had been a painful three days for Ric since Phoenix had figured out where their friends were being held. Her wolf was nearly Feral despite the Bond she had with Phoenix and Baine; it had already subconsciously claimed the two MateLess as hers.

"We leave in a week," Ric announced. "Half our forces with us, the other half here to defend our center. That's why I need all our wolves to come home for now.

"Nix said he knows how to get to the cells so he'll lead a small group down to find Dallas and Draven. Bear, Ry and I will enter the castle to seek audience with the king and queen. The rest of our forces will remain outside at the ready.

"Any questions?"

"No, Alpha!" echoed throughout the room before she dismissed everyone.

"Everyone will be here within four days. Many were already traveling this way after the first rogue attack; more started when they felt the Pack Bond form," Phoenix whispered as he hugged Ric from behind. "Everything will work out."

"I feel like I'm going insane, like I'm going to crawl out of my skin," Ric admitted. "I didn't even realize I saw them as mine. It happened too fast."

He held her close and gave her what comfort he could. He remembered those feelings even five years after forming a Bond with Ric and Baine. He hoped she could last a week.

*****

Ric got closer to the edge of being Feral as the days passed. She managed to hide it from everyone but knew she was a ticking bomb. Once I get the Double D's, I'll be fine, she promised herself.

After the four day deadline, the number of pack members living within the main compound doubled. The Grey Claw Pack wolves were anxious around so many rogues at first; the tension was settled after a few rogues found their TrueMates and bridged the two packs.

Ric spent every day in her war room going over the plan looking for any flaws. The day of their departure, she found herself standing in her closet staring at the only item she had never worn.

"Babe, what are you doing in here?" Baine asked as he came in behind her. He wrapped his arms around her and supported her as she leaned her weight against him.

"I'm taking the gown," she told him.

"Are you sure?" He knew what the gown was for and why she never had a chance to wear it.

"Yes. It's the only court appropriate dress I own. Plus, I want to wear it when we're all together finally," she said simply.

"Alright, I'll pack it for you. We're leaving in an hour."