XVIII

::Lyric::

The drive to Royal territory took four days. The closer they became, the calmer Ric was. Her wolf was still on the edge of Feral, but she knew that getting Dallas and Draven would fix that.

The day before their arrival at the capital, two cars from their envoy split off. Phoenix's team would meet them in the ballroom after finding their two missing family.

At the capital, only one car followed hers to the castle. The rest of her wolves wolf wait nearby for a signal.

The road to the Royal castle was long and twisted as it went deeper into the surrounding forest. If Ric hadn't been so anxious, she would have appreciated the beauty.

Their group was met in the driveway by a team of foot men who opened their doors and assisted Ric out of their SUV. A butler at the door greeted them enthusiastically.

"Welcome to Royal Castle," he said. "Are you here for the engagement ball?"

"Engagement ball?" Ric asked.

"Yes, the King is announcing Prince Dallas's engagement this evening." The rest of his words were drowned out by the roar in Ric's ears.

"Who is he being engaged to?" she asked through numb lips.

"Miss Tabitha WhiteFang." Ric's hold on her wolf snapped.

*****

::Draven::

It had been three days since guards came and hauled Dallas away. He didn't return. Rick had gone quiet two days ago. Draven was worried.

His wolf had torn him up inside; it wanted to fight and get back to Ric. It didn't understand that the silver bars would kill it.

"Psst," he heard. "Draven!"

He slowly lifted his head. When had he put it down? Phoenix was crouched beside the bars of his cell with keys in his hand.

"You ready to get out of here? Where's Dallas?"

"They took him. Three days? I'm so tired, Phoenix," Draven whispered. He loathed being weak; he was an alpha! The squeal of hinges sounded and suddenly he was lifted up.

"I got you, D," Phoenix hummed. "A pretty little she-wolf is waiting for you upstairs. We just have to find Dallas first."

A roar tore through the air before screams followed. They heard chaos breaking upstairs.

"Someone broke her leash," Phoenix joked. "That's our cue!"

*****

::Dallas::

He felt drunk; everything he saw and heard seemed to come through a tunnel. After the guards had pulled him from his cell, he had been drugged with Wolfsbane to keep him compliant.

A council member had come in three hours ago to extend congratulations on his engagement. But, he couldn't remember who he was mating; he didn't remember asking Little Lyric to mate him.

"Darling," a voice cooed. "Let's mingle with our guests." Claws dug into the underside of his arm as they dragged him through the crowd in the ballroom. He tried to focus on the she-wolf who held his arm but he was too far under to see clearly.

A roar from outside the doors had his head jerking up. It was the sound of a Feral; Ferals never got this close to the castle.

The doors slammed open to reveal a tiny she-wolf wearing a silver gown in a half-shift Feral form. From across the room, he saw icy grey eyes lock onto his.

"Mine!" she roared.