Chapter 2: Crack God

50 years ago...

I and my troops were sent to the North Pole where the new spawned gates detected by our satellite. We are currently scanning the area until we found the gate in the middle of the abandoned village. There are some usable glass igloos that we can use for us to rest while the others installed the automatic teleportation machine guns.

The black armored soldiers walked towards me. They looked like a group of robotic versions of shadows as their purple eyes of their helmets glowed in the white blizzard at a dark night. Our armor were reinforced with Corrupted Diamonds and Corrupted Titanium. The design of the armor was the same as mine which was for our protection against the shadows' energy balls, harsh cold weather and the moonlight.

They saluted and one of them said, "Corporal, you should see the new Shadow Walker. He seemed nervous to talk to us."

The new shadow walker that he's talking about is the first youngest human that has been fused by a shadow. His name is Emmanuel Hartman with the age of 5. His parents died from a shadow that fused with him. Then he decided to be part of the military. Lucky for him, he's under my supervision.

I went inside the glass igloo where Emmanuel is staying but the room was covered with darkness. His darkness to be precise because he spread the black smoke around the room and the only thing I saw are the pair of glowing purple eyes.

"I-I'm sorry! I just don't like them!" His voice trembled and the smoke slowly sucked towards him until there's nothing left but an empty room with the boy that looked so nervous as if he was afraid of being scolded.

He has black spiky hair, pale skin, and he wore a black hooded jacket, reinforced with Corrupted Alloy which was mainly used as a Shadow Power Restriction (S.P.R.). The emblem of our country was proudly displayed on the left side of his chest. Below that, he wore a pair of black pants, matching his jacket. A choker with a symbol that resembles the Eye of the Apocalypse. He wore a pair of gloves and boots reinforced with plates of Corrupted Adamantium coming from a meteorite which was a highest level of Corrupted Metal.

This boy has the most S.P.R. on his body because the shadow that fused with him is the same shadow that has the power to disintegrate all living things in South America which was appeared 490 years ago and suddenly disappeared after that incident. Good thing that I'm the first one who discovered him or else, he'll be immediately shot by some other soldiers even he surrendered and now, he's here with me in one small room.

"Do you want some cookies? I have one in here." I said as gently as possible but before I dig through my inventory, he lies down on the cold floor.

Then he muttered as he curled himself like a fetus, "I don't deserve it... And my body is not needy like I used to be."

Shadow Walkers are like shadows. They can't feel pain, cold, hot, or tired, eat, drink and sleep. I'm sure that he didn't move on to his past. Being fused by a shadow that murdered his parents is ironic and he's going to live as a Shadow Walker in the rest of his life.