Chapter 10: The Weapon of Greed

Author's Note:

Welcome back to Prologue!

At least it makes sense.

I used In medias res - Beginning the story in the middle of a sequence of events.

3 Months Later...

Avarice Empire in Western Part of Nature Continent...

"Bro. Wake up..." Carl's whispers woke me up but it was still 3 in the morning when I glanced at my wristwatch.

It might be dark but my eyes can clearly see him. Carl is 18 years old and he's 5'9" ft. tall. Our bloodline has signature features such as silver hair, pair of black eyes and pale skin. From the look on his face without using my Shadow Senses, I can tell that something is not right.

"Bro. Cassy's stalker is in her room."

I immediately withdrew my sword from my Spatial Ring that is usually used as a limited storage and walked towards her room. The door was open and I can see the royal bastard who stood beside her.

His name is Orion Frostbringer, the prince of Avarice Empire. He was roughly 6 feet tall, and he looked to be around the age of 20. His hair was blond and his eyes were blue, while his skin was porcelain. He's wearing his usual blue royal clothing with golden shoulder pads, white cape and armored boots. Many people said that he's handsome but I'm better-looking than that spoiled psycho. I'm sure he came all the way here just to ask her a date.

"Orion, I already rejected you so many times and now you teleported in here? The emperor will cut my big brother's salary again if he finds out." Cassy complained as she crossed her arms.

I stepped forward and pointed my sword at him, "You should be thankful that you're a prince. If not, you're already dead."

As I expected, threatening him is useless as he smiled at me but I know what's behind in that mask. A despicable smile that I want to erase but I'm not powerful enough.

"Good morning, brother-in-law." He greeted me politely but I don't trust him even a bit.

"Don't call me bro-in-law! Get outta here!" I shooed him.

"I'm not here to anger you, Elios. I'm here to inform you about the war this coming 9 in the morning."

Another war?