Prologue

It felt nice to lay in bed for a while. It was made even better for me, staring at my beautiful sleeping lover. His snores were rather cute but his face was even cuter. How did I even end out with such a cute lover? I could lay here for hours, watching his chest rise and fall everytime he takes a breath.

Instead, I decided to sit up and lean against the headrest. Laying is nice and all but my left arm was about to go numb if I kept staring at him. In the process of getting up, I managed to wake my lover up. He lets out a cute little groan as he rubbed his eyes. He blinks a couple of times before looking up at me.

"Good morning, love", I said to him. "Good morning", he said rather lazily. He pushes the blankets off as he stretches his body, letting out audible cracks as he does so. "How long have you been up?", he says, inbetween a yawn. "About an hour before you did", I replied. It was true. I usually wake up earlier than he does.

I grabbed him and proceeded to lay him on my body. His face was very close to mine as his body was too. "Where's my good morning kiss?", I asked. He scrunches up his face. "Your breath stinks", he said. "Ah, that's not true. I already brushed my teeth about half an hour ago", I replied.

He pouts but that doesn't last for long as it's replaced with a small giggle. Then, he gives me a gentle kiss on the lips which lasted for about three seconds. "Don't you have to go to work soon?", he asked. "I got another hour before I do", I replied.

He gives me another kiss but this time, this kiss was full of passion. I returned it with an equal amount of passion. We break from the kiss to stare at each other's eyes. His eye colour was such a beautiful combination. An iridescent orange on his left eye and a dazzling sky blue on his right eye.

Sometimes, I forget how long we've actually been together. It's almost gonna be 8 years since we first started dating. Now, we're married to each other, living the best life we could have. Our story didn't exactly start right off the bat. There was a bit of time before we actually did start falling in love with each other.

That's normal for most couples now that I think about it. Still, it was very unlikely either of us would even date each other. We were very different furs in high school. Not to say physically different eventhough I'm clearly bigger than him but I meant socially different. We were complete opposites of each other in social terms.

I was the popular boy everyone wanted to be with and he was the victim of many hurtful comments. Thinking back to that time, I regret not doing more damage to those who had hurt my precious lover. I didn't care if I was popular or not, I won't let anyone hurt him. I would trade my soul just so he would be safe from any harm.

Throughout the years, we've gotten to know each other better and even if I got to change something about him, there was nothing to even change about him. He was perfect in every aspect of body and mind. I wouldn't mind living forever as long as he is with me. He's the light to my darkness and the key to my heart.

I wouldn't trade him for anything in the world. Not even food and water for my own survival. He knows all of my secrets and I know all of his. Though, a word to the side for anyone. Be careful who you share your secrets with. You need to be mindful of your secrets. You'll never know who might betray you later on.