Chapter 22 - A Dream to Remember

Dakota

Well, waking up in a hospital was the least expected thing for me. To know we actually did get into a car crash was a whole different story. We weren't really going anywhere special. Apparently, they were just sending me off to my football game I had.

Which was about 6 months ago. I was in the hospital for 6 months in a coma, dreaming of someone I'm not sure even existed. The strangest thing for me to remember was that I have a girlfriend. I thought Jazz would've burst through the doors any second.

But, nope. A girl. I'm not being sexist but I felt rather dissapointed it wasn't Jazz. Well, anyway, I now have to wear sunglasses for an entire month because my eyes are somewhat sensitive to light and too much exposure could damage them.

But that also means I can't wear contact lenses since it could potentially harm my eyes too. Meaning I can't hide my two coloured eyes. A calming blue and a fiery amber hidden behind a pair of sunglasses.

I don't have amnesia like I did in the dream. Well, that was worded wrong. I meant, I can remember how to do my schoolwork and all that but for the life of me, I can't remember what I did during high school. But it seemed I would be able to since I'm getting held back.

It's because I was in a coma before my finals and I need to take it this year. Well, at least I know how to do most of the work. The hyena in my dreams was actually my friend who I somehow antagonised for some reason.

Maybe there was a hidden meaning in that dream. Jazz is probably my secret attraction to guys since I was fairly dissapointed when I saw my girlfriend walk in. Well, I guess I should really stop using that. She's my ex now.

Well, she's seeing someone else and I don't really care who she dates. Back to the point, I guess my friend was showing my way of hiding it. Hurting others to disguise my true self. It can be true since my friend told me how ruthless I was at school.

All this time I was making myself out to be the good guy in my dreams, it turns out I'm actually the bad guy. I guess that's normal for anyone. They always try to make sure they're right even when they're clearly wrong.

It doesn't matter if they get their answer through good deeds or bad deeds. As long as they're right, they won't allow your opinion to cross theirs. The driver who had crashed into us was actually placed in my room.

He was a panther. As tall as my chest and quite skinny. Poor guy. We talked for a bit and he told me his terrible luck. He called it the 'Autumn Curse'. Every single time Autumn comes around, it spells doom for him. A bit unbelievable but what else can I really say?

He did crash into us so that's as believable as it can get really. But now, I should really stop talking about my hospital experience. I think I should talk about my school experience now. Nothing really special. It looked exactly the same as the dream.

Mundane and boring. The furs were the same. Popular this, popular that. "Oh my god. I'm so glad you're alright. We wouldn't know what we would do if you were gone", one said. "Like you would care that much", I thought. As Dream Me said, I don't care what others say about me.

"Hey. I'm sorry to hear that your girlfriend broke up with you. If you want, my sister is about to fill that in", another chimes. I'm not interested in girls and I'm not interested in just any guys. They need to be like him. Remembering him still hurts.

Oh, how I wish he was real. Well, he was. As the crowd parted, I caught the sight of wolf. Black and white fur. Heterochromic. He wasn't as small and slim as in the dream. No, he was much different.

He was probably half my muscle mass and was shorter than me by only a small margin. He was 6'0" tall. He was perfect but apparently, I had a sudden flashback. It wasn't pleasant at all and I wished to erase it from existence.

"Get away from me, you two eyed freak!" "No one even likes you!" "If you died, I'd bet everyone would visit just to piss on your grave!"

I don't like those voices. Because they were everything I had said to him. I hate my past self so much. I hate him so much. I can see the apparition of my old self appearing before me. It was inviting me. Inviting me back to join it's side.

But I don't plan on recreating history. I plan to rewrite it. I just need to right everything I had done wrong. I know he won't forgive me right away. No one would. But, I'll show him that I changed. I won't hurt him ever again. And if I do, I will let him do what he pleases.

I walk up to him slowly. I could sense a small group of furs following me. He noticed me and so did his friend group. His friends formed a shield in front of him. Well, at least he has good friends. If they weren't, I would've destroyed all of them.

"No, guys. This is my battle", I hear him say. Oh, how I miss that voice of his. He steps up to the front, standing bravely as he stare into my hidden eyes. "C'mon, then. Do your worst to me", he provoke. Getting to see him up close, he looked way cuter than I thought.

I lower my body down to get on eye level with him. He only stares at me in silence. I lift my glasses up to show him my eyes. He looked shocked at what he was seeing. "But, you- you called me...", he trailed off. A sad look washes over my face as I could see anger etched into his face.

But I'm here to right my wrongs. And I need to do it quick before I lose my opportunity. "I know sorry isn't enough to erase the mistakes I've made. So, I've come up with a better idea. Would you like to go on a date with me, love?", I say. There was a heavy silence in the air.