Chapter 7 - The Promised Day

Dakota

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Don't leave me!", a childlike voice yelled. "You're my only friend", they continued. I stared at them, sadness etched upon my face. This wasn't me. I mean it is but it doesn't feel like me at all. I'm not controlling my own body. Why am I so small? Why is this fur so small?

"I'm sorry", I said meekly. "I have to. I'll miss you a lot", I say. Tears rolled down both our eyes as we knew we wouldn't see each other in a long time. In a blink of an eye, I was embraced into this fur's arms in a hug. I held back a sob as I hugged them back. "I'll miss you too", he said.

I don't know how long we stayed like that eventually, we let go of each other. "Well, I guess this is goodbye", I say. "Yeah... Oh, wait a second!", he exclaims. They suddenly fished around in their pocket for something. What were they doing?

In a matter of a second, their right arm was outstretched. They were holding a necklace which held a capsule-like pendant. "Why are you showing me this?", I asked. "I'm not showing it. I want you to take it so you can remember me", he said. So I can remember them?

I slowly moved my hands towards their's and cautiously took the necklace. It was a bit too big for both of our heads. Maybe when we're older, it could fit perfectly. "Thank you", I said. Then, it hit me. "Oh, shoot! I don't have anything to give you!", I exclaimed. They laugh at my panicked state.

"Oh, no. You've already given me something", they said. "I did?", I asked. I don't remember what I gave them at all. "You don't remember? Come on, it was something I really wanted", they said. I tried remembering it but it all came up blank. "Oh, come on. You know, th-", they say.

An annoying ringing could be heard from somewhere. It completely drowned out what they were about to say. "What?", I asked again. "Seriously? Th-", they say but there it was again. Suddenly, they started fading away and everything around was starting to darken. What's happening?

~~~~~~~~~~~

I slowly open my eyes, blinking a few times to adjust to the light. The sheets were thrown off the bed as the morning sun shone on my half naked body. It took me a few moments to realise where I was. Damn, that dream again. But, there was some extra things I didn't see in the last dreams.

They gave me a necklace and apparently, I gave them something too. I just don't know what I gave them. I lazily turn off my alarm clock that had been ringing for the past two minutes I've been awake. I slowly sat up, stretching my body too. It feels really satisfying to feel your bones crack in the morning. Unless it causes you pain then that isn't really satisfying.

I scratch certain spots that felt itchy before getting up from the bed. Should I shower first or eat breakfast? If I shower first, I could risk dirtying myself again but if I eat breakfast first then I'll probably be too lazy to go back to the room. Decisions, decision. Ah, screw it.

I slowly headed towards the closet and grabbed some clothes to wear for the day. I chose a red hoodie, black jeans and a pair of boxers. Once done, I laid the clothes on my bed and headed to the kitchen. My stomach growled to affirm that I was hungry. Thank god, no one was here to hear that.

They would have thought I had a whale neighbour. In any case, I grabbed a bowl, cereal and milk. I laid all of them on the counter and started making cereal. Once done, I placed back everything except the bowl before grabbing a spoon. After all of that, I grabbed the bowl and headed to the couch.

Sitting down, I enjoyed my simple breakfast while watching the news. Murders, bank robberies, accidents. The usual really. After finishing my cereal, I turned off the TV and went to the kitchen to clean the dishes. It didn't take long before I headed back to my bedroom. Grabbing a towel, I continued my walk into the bathroom.

There's nothing much to say here except that I did the usual showering and stuff. When all was done, I dried myself and dressed myself. And it all took about two hours. Don't judge me, I was still sleepy. I look into the mirror and assessed myself. I look really plain, to be honest.

I should style my hair. But, do I really want to do that? Not really. So, I just left my hair as it is. My hair used to be a dark brown but I decided to change the colour. Well, I didn't really like any other colour so instead, I just bleached it. Don't judge me, okay. I was like 14 when I wanted to do it. It was because I thought being an albino was cool.

My hair was getting long though. I should cut it but I'm too lazy to go to a barber shop. Plus, I don't want to sit there for a long time. Eh, I'll do it next week. There wasn't much else to look at. At this point, I was ready for go but I think I should wait for a bit. It's not like I'm in a rush or anything plus it's only like 9:16 p.m.

I doubt he'd wake up as early as I did. To kill some time, I decided to do the homework I was given. It really didn't kill off that much time. In half an hour, I was already done with all of it. I don't like having nothing to do. It makes me feel nervous for some reason. I don't know why I feel nervous.

Usually, you would feel bored of not doing anything but for some reason, I just feel nervous. I look around my room to see if there's something I could do to curb this. Just then, I heard the familiar 'ding' of my phone, signalling a text had been sent.

Jasper: Hey, what time are you coming?

Dakota: Whenever is fine really.

Jasper: Ah, sure. If you want, you can come right now. I don't have anything to do and my parents went out already.

Dakota: Okay, sure. I'll be there in 10 minutes.

Jasper: Well, see ya

Well, that will do for now, I guess. Just before leaving, I grab my extra pair of contact lenses with me. After the accident, it left me a bit blind. It isn't that bad but I can barely see two feet in front of me. Grabbing my apartment keys and wallet, I headed out to Jasper's house.