Chapter 21 - A Bad Feeling

Dakota

Well, it was any normal day. If you can say that it was. For some reason, there was just something off about today. Like something bad was gonna happen but I couldn't pinpoint it to anything. Even if I tried to clear my head, it seemed to just crawl back in.

Maybe I have to raise my guard up today. It could happen to me. It could happen to Jazz. But I'd rather it happen to somebody else than us. Call me selfish but I'd rather save my boyfriend than anyone else.

Back to the story. I was just lounging around in my living room. Got about another half an hour before the bus arrives. So, I was just watching the news. Just the usual things. Nothing special really.

Pollution is getting worse though. I'm gonna estimate in about a few years, we'll all die because of global warming. I'm not always a negative guy but it's the truth, okay. If this is what we're gonna keep doing for years, then is there really a point for us to live on this planet?

If we make it uninhabitable, then can we really say Earth is the only home we have? Because it doesn't feel like home when everyone is trying to kill it like it were just a pest. Anyway, the guy reading the news talked about some missing furs and arrests.

Some victims who were murdered were also told. Though, those victims looked rather familiar. Wait a second. They're from our school. These are students that goes to the same school. 2 girls and 4 boys. All of them were murdered in their on houses.

Apparently, they were all killed when they were sleeping. Worst of all, they were killed while their family was still present in the house. That means this killer is really bold. To kill someone while there was potential witnessess.

I look at the clock and saw that it was time to go to school. I grab my usual things and headed down to the bus stop. It arrived just on time and of course, I got on. The ride was pleasant enough to say the least. I guess after having someone in your life, being alone feels rather boring.

I can't wait to meet with Jazz. I already have another date planned out but I'll wait until this or next weekend. The bus arrived at school so I got off. As usual, Jazz greeted me at the entrance and joined me on the walk to class.

When we did, we just talked about the same old things. Honestly, if anyone else were to talk to about these things, I would not have cared one bit. But with Jazz, all these things I thought were meaningless felt so important.

From art to cars to job to even talking about alternate dimensions. We talked about anything and everything that came to mind. It was still a bit hard to tell all my secrets to him but at least I know I'm not the only one that's having a hard time.

We have both suffered through something and even though the experience is different, we still comfort each other as if we knew. But, enough of this sob story crap. There's nothing else for us except for the future.

"So, what're you gonna do when we finish high school?, I ask Jazz. As he always died, he went silent. Contemplating on what he wants to do after high school has ended. I already know what I'm doing.

I'm gonna continue my studies. I'm still not sure what profession suits me at the moment but I still have a bit more time to think about it. Maybe I can be a doctor. But then again, I would have less time to spend with Jazz.

Maybe an engineer. But I don't really like that type of work. A pilot or scientist is definitely out of the question. I'd rather do something that's closer to my love. Becoming a police officer might sound good but it's dangerous.

I'll never know when it'll be my last time seeing Jazz. To say I want to work as an office worker would be an insult to me. I'd rather not work under someone who only cares about their own self instead of the well-being of their workers. Only time can really tell.

                        •°•°•°•°•°•°•°

It was after school. Jazz and I were just hanging out. Yes, hanging out. Not on a date but I'd like it more if it were. But you can't have everything the way you want it. Anyway, we were just walking through the city. Going to some shops, buying things that interested us.

"Hey, let's check that place out", Jazz said. I looked to where he was pointing to see it was a museum. Strange. I don't remember there being a museum around here. I would've known it there was a museum. I mean, I practically live here about a quarter of my life.

"I don't remember there being a museum here", I said to Jazz. He chuckled at me. "What's so funny, pup?", I ask. "Nothing. The usual attentive and smart Dakota apparently does have some weaknesses", he says. I flick the top of his forehead.

"Ow!", he exclaimed. I let out a snort of laughter. "Don't go mocking me, pup. You should know I'm way bigger than you", I say. Then, I walked off to the museum while Jazz followed suit, trying to think of a comeback. But, it didn't matter. What did was a strange sound coming to our right.

I look to my right and saw a car, heading full speed towards us. Whoever it was, was not intending to slow down. With the last remaining seconds I could think, I pushed Jazz out of the way. But, he wasn't there. Where did he go?

I look back at the car and saw it right before it had hit me. I closed my eyes, waiting for the impact. But nothing had happened. No pain, no crash sounds, not even the sound of the car. I opened my eyes but found it hard to open.

It felt like they were glued shut. I tried and tried until finally, I was able to open them. It was rather blurry as first and hard to see. Well, I guess it was because it was dark in the room. But as my started adjusting, I saw two furs I wasn't expecting to see. A male wolf and a female horse.

Mom and dad were standing right beside me.