10 - Jared

oh boy oh boy oh boy second update in day :)

get ready for some more trash

OK SO YEAH I KNOW EVAN AND JARED ARE JEWISH BUT SHHHHH ITS CHRISTMAS

also the christmas dinner yayyyy (the dinner is probably gonna include some angst, idk if its in this chapter or not)

(Time skip to a week later, and its cHrIsTmAs)

Haha shit.

I don't want to go, I really don't. I don't want to have to throw up in their house, I think that would be very rude.

But, I have to go >:(  (yes jared said that in his mind-) 

I pull on my sweater that doesn't fit me right, and it itches too much. (but i think i'll keep it. yes, i'll keep it, cause it still makes me think of you, and that little boy i knew-) I'm only wearing it because my mom made me, and she said I look nice in it. Thank gods it's long sleeved. I pull on some khakis and head downstairs. 

My mom sees me and smile, but I see a hint of a smirk in it. I swear she had something to do with the whole "christmas dinner" thing. You tell your mom about one little crush and she will never leave you alone about it. She keeps trying to get me with Evan and ugh.

I grab the pie that my mom made and hop in the car. She climbs in after me and we're off. I don't even notice that I'm holding my breath until my mom reminds me that I need oxygen. 

Not even 5 minutes later, we pull into the driveway of the Hansens. Damn, I forgot how close we lived to them. I see Evan peek out his bedroom window, panic, and then close the curtains. Wow, a very warm welcome.

I hop out the car and hide behind my mom as she walks up to the door. (me too Jared me too) Ms. Hansen opens the door before my mom can even ring the doorbell. She lets us in, and we set down our food in the kitchen.

As she converses with my mom, I realize that not much has changed. I mean it's only been a year but still. She has the same friendly smile, and same caring aura. But, I did notice that she bought some new clothes. She's wearing a really nice red sweater, with black leggings. 

She turns to me and I immediately know what she's going to say. "Hi Jared! Evan's upstairs if you want to go say hi." my breath hitches and I look at my mom. She just nudges me and winks.

I take a deep breath and I head up the ever familiar stairs and walk down to the end of the hall. My hand forms a fist, ready to knock, but I hesitate. Why am I so scared? I literally just saw him last week. Maybe it's because of the whole crush thing, idk.

I take some more deep breaths, put on a classic smirk, and knock. The door opens to reveal the ever handsome Evan Hansen. 

"Hey Hansen, fall out of any trees lately?" I say. He's wearing a navy blue sweater with khakis. I stare at him, and take in his features. It's kinda hard to do that in a car, so this is basically the first time I really get to see his face in a year. 

"Jared?" his voice breaks me out of my trance. "You okay? You kind of zoned out a little there."

"Oh, yeah, I'm fine. What did you say?" My face flushes red from embarassment.

"I asked how you were doing."

"I made a lot of new friends at college, and there's this one girl who I definitely think is into me." I smirk at him. Obviously it's all lies, the only friends I made are Michael and Jeremy, and the only girl I've interacted with are the starbucks baristas and my mom.

We have a normal conversation, much like the ones we had in high school, just more awakward. Everythings going fine, until he asks a question I was most definitely not ready to answer.

"Jared, why have you been ignoring me?"

this is 690 words-

anyways next chapter is def gonna be sum angst

buuut youll have to wait for that chapter ;)

See ya later 

-jhvhgdyfduhgjhvxt ;P