kidnapped // sylvain (1/s)

This is gonna play out a little different than how Flayn's kidnapping actually went.

"Y'know, maybe she eloped or something? I'm just saying it's a possibility," Sylvain shrugs. It feels like the entire monastery is on edge because of Flayn's disappearance, but that doesn't seem to affect a particular ginger standing in front of you.

You glare up at him. That comment was deserving of a slap to the shoulder. Of course, it doesn't hurt him much since he's pretty used to your slaps on his different appendages, but that doesn't stop him from wincing in pain.

"Not funny. We're all trying to look for her, but here you are saying she eloped," You snap. You and Ingrid take turns keeping Sylvain in line, but the responsibility more seems to fall to you nowadays. (Sylvain needs to get his vibes checked.)

"Chill out, I'm worried too," he replies with a bit more of a worried expression, but it's still not selling. "Look, I say stupid things when I'm worried. You should know that."

You back down with a sigh. He's right. "Yes, you definitely can." You leave him standing in his spot to resume looking around for Flayn. Some of the other people were trying to gather some clues as to Flayn's whereabouts, but professor Byleth, in particular, was running around so much, it's almost as though she can teleport. Reconnaissance is something you considered yourself not bad at, so you've been creeping around the monastery, trying to find clues that might lead on to Flayn's location.

You're just walking past the night's quarters, lost in thought when a scream snaps you back to reality. It's the scream of a woman. Your surroundings were completely empty. No one was around to help you. Without thinking, you burst through the gates into the knight's chambers and into the wooden hallway. You sprint down the corridor, trying to find the source of the scream. One door was open. You come to a halting stop, and there on the floor is Professor Manuela. She's pointing towards a large hole in the wall. Flayn could be down there, but you have to help professor Manuela too. Your mind is stuck debating what to do, almost leaving you to panic, but your distracted state left you vulnerable to attack.

Immediately, you feel a hand clamp down over your mouth. You let out a muffled scream. Another arm clasped around your waist, pulling you backwards. You try to get a view of your assailant, but it's no use. You're kicking and trashing around in their iron grip. You manage to stumble forward out of their grasp, knocking open the window and letting out a panicked scream. Your attacker is Jertiza. Your attempt to dodge hits grasp is futile, as a blow lands on the back of your head, instantly knocking you unconscious. Your body is then scooped up and taken down the cave by the Death Knight.

About 2 hours later Sylvain is wandering around Garreg Mach, trying to find (Y/N) and keep an ear out for Flayn. Professor Byleth has gathered some information, but it's all proven to be dead ends. Sylvain is getting worried. It's not like (Y/N) to just suddenly disappear without anyone seeing them. No one knows where they are. A couple of times, Sylvain had overheard Jeritza's name being uttered between some knights. He was right by the knight's quarters anyway, so it wouldn't hurt to look. Besides, if he got caught sneaking around, he could easily say he was trying to look for (Y/N) and Flayn. (Which isn't a lie, either.)

He creeps through the hallway, trying to be quiet in case anyone were to catch him. He comes to one room with the door open. Right in front of him, Professor Manuela is lying on the floor, unconscious. His eyes widen in shock. Manuela had been missing too. He quickly checks her pulse, and it's slow but present nevertheless. He follows her outstretched finger to the cave entrance on one wall. A cold draft drifts from it, sending chills down his spine. He immediately gets up and leaves to find Professor Byleth.