engagement announcement // felix (hcs)

AU where Glenn and Rodrigue aren't dead

--

(Y/n) is a Gautier :)
- the war was finally over, and Felix had finally told you how he really feels about you (which was of course no surprise to you or anyone)- it was a sweet but unusual proposal, because this is Felix Fraldarius. (Basically how S supporting him goes lmao)- after finally leaving the monestary after a year, you ended up going with Felix back to Fraldarius territory to announce your engagement to Felix's family. You had heard many things about his father from various people, often how he's a little eccentric.- it took a few days to finally arrive in Fraldarius territory, but you all made it in one piece. - your arrival in one of the towns on the edge of the territory was quite exciting for the villagers living there, as they had heard of your assistance in defeating the Empire.- Felix was a bit nervous once you two finally reached the front doors of the Fraldarius manor. You've been here before since you and Felix were childhood friends, but it's been a very long time.- once you were let in, Rodrigue comes to greet you two very excitedly, wrapping the two of you in his big strong arms. "Felix, (Y/N)! It's been a while! Goodness, you look lovely, (Y/N)." - Felix was a little apprehensive of this comment. He threw his father a jealous look because he didn't like how much attention you were getting from his father. Of course Rodrigue was too preoccupied to notice anything.- next to enter the room was Glenn, Felix's older brother. He gave a warm smile to the two of you, and Felix went up and gave Glenn a hug. It's been a long time since they've seen each other, and they're very close. "Hello, (Y/N)," he said with a warm smile. "I always knew you and Felix would end up together. He's always liked you."- Felix's face lit up like a fire with embarrassment. "How did you know?! I haven't even told you we're engaged!"- this illicits a huge gasp from Rodrigue. "My son is getting married! Oh, I'm so proud of you!" - Rodrigue is now latched onto Felix, asking why he didn't say so sooner. You remember this same chaos from when you, Felix, your brother Sylvain, Dimitri and Ingrid would all visit the Fraldarius territory when you were younger. - "Wait, Fe, how long have you had feelings for me?" You asked. Glenn said something before that piqued your attention.- "Since you were kids," Glenn said with the same (slightly smug) smile. - Felix's face went even more red, if possible. "GLENN, SHUT UP!" - the announcement certainly hadn't gone as planned, but it never does with the Fraldarius family. Most things are made up on the go, but it works out.