spar // felix (1/s)

"Maybe you can try sparring with (Y/N). They're excellent at fighting and you haven't sparred them before. I'm sorry, I've got papers to grade. I'll spar with you another time." Professor Byleth looked up from all the work they had piled up around them. It was a bit of a sorry sight to see.

Felix just sighed an "Ok, thanks," and left after shutting the door behind him from the Professor's room. (Y/N), huh? They must be pretty good if the professor recommended Felix to fight with them...

////

On a Sunday, (Y/N) is typically cooped up in their room. They're not as bad of a shut-in as Bernie, but they still definitely appreciate their alone time. Felix walks up to the door and knocks a couple times. It must have surprised (Y/N) because there's a small thump of something being dropped from inside the room and a small startled yelp. Felix frowns a little from confusion.

"You ok?" He asks.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine. Just dropped my book." (Y/N) replies from behind their closed door.

"Wanna spar? The professor is busy and they said you're not bad, so I should try and spar you," Felix says in his usual deadpan voice. There's no response from (Y/N) for a little bit, but little did Felix know, they were freaking out from his sudden request.

"I'm sorry, I have a headache today. That's why I'm in my room anyway..." (Y/N) explains, trying to stay calm and think of a viable excuse.

"What? But you're always in your room... Ngh, whatever," Felix grumbles. He leaves with footsteps fading from (Y/N)'s room. He feels a pang of guilt for being rude, but it quickly passes.

When is he ever not rude?

The next day, a new week of training starts. Throughout the day, Felix constantly asked (Y/N) to spar when he got the chance. Each time, he was just met with a different excuse or a simple "Maybe later,". Felix had overheard Professor Byleth saying to (Y/N) that they should go to the training ground today since they're a bit behind on their practice. Felix decides he'll follow (Y/N) to the training grounds and then try one last time to spar there.

Right after class, (Y/N) goes straight to the training grounds with their weapon in hand. Felix follows behind a reasonable distance so (Y/N) is less likely to notice him. He watches from the sidelines as (Y/N) sets up 2 rows of targets, all facing them in the centre. (Y/N) aims at the first target and begins a rather difficult sequence of strikes. With some rather difficult footwork and jumps, they manage to strike all the different targets they had set up. A cloud of straw and dust had billowed up in the whole process. Once it settled, (Y/N) noticed Felix staring right at them from the side of the training grounds.

"Felix?! How long have you been there for?!" (Y/N) clutches their weapon close to their chest out of embarrassment. Felix's eyes are widened in surprise.

"Come on! You're this good, yet you won't spar with me?!" He suddenly exclaims. It makes (Y/N) flinch from his sudden outburst.

(Y/N) just mumbles something, but Felix couldn't understand what.

"Do you really not want to fight me that much? You could have just said so!" He crosses his arms in front of his chest and scowls slightly. His lips form an unintentional pout.

(Y/N) jams their eyes shut and takes a deep breath. "I'mjustscaredtofightyoupleasedon'ttakeitpersonally!" you somehow manage to say all of that in under 3 seconds. At this point, (Y/N) is clinging to their weapon almost for their life.

Felix blinks a few times, trying to process what (Y/N) just blurted out. He tilts his head like a confused dog. "Scared... to fight me?" He lowers his arms.

"Yes! It's just you're so good with a sword, it's kind of intimidating," (Y/N) relaxes a tiny bit after seeing Felix calm down. "Look, you're just a little bit scary to me is all,"

"Hmph..." Felix grunts and frowns a little bit. He awkwardly looks off to the side. Why does he feel bad for scaring you? He's like this with everyone else, but he suddenly feels bad for being like this. "Look, I'm sorry if I've scared you before... I'm not very good with... interaction."

A small smile makes its way on to (Y/N)'s lips with a laugh. "Me too, clearly." The sound of their laugh made a strange feeling rise in his chest. His heart suddenly felt like it skipped a beat and heat rose to his cheeks. He frowns out of surprise at this sudden rush of unknown emotions.

"Did you suddenly use magic on me? I feel so warm and weird..." Felix grunts out, holding his now rosy cheeks.

"No? I'm terrible at magic. Besides, you would have seen me doing it," they explain after putting down their weapon and approaching Felix. He watches them carefully because they are the source of these strange feelings. "Well I don't know, it's coming from you," He mumbles.

"I can take you up to the infirmary if you need," (Y/N) offers, but Felix's face just goes redder when they touch him, but he hides it as best as he can.

"It—it's okay. I can take myself there," Felix says, carefully ducking out of (Y/N)'s grasp. He took himself off to the infirmary on his own, just to make sure there is nothing wrong with him.

Too bad for Felix, (Y/N) is a bit more perceptive than he thinks. They know why his face went red.