too shy to cuddle // sylvain pt (1/s)

It was a bit of a mystery as to why you two were together. You were a bit like Bernie at how much you dislike human interaction, yet here you were, in a relationship with the local heart breaker of the Faerghus Army. Sylvain Gautier. You honestly don't know how it happened either. He started flirting a couple months ago, and he stuck, not flirting with any other women. You came out of your shell a little bit, but you're still very shy. Everything is still so new.

Sometimes it got the best of you in your relationship. You love cuddles or just wholesome physical contact in general, but you're much too shy to ask Sylvain for anything like that. He also knows how shy you are, so he rarely does anything without you asking for it.

This led the two of you to be at a bit of a standstill in your relationship. One night, you're having trouble sleeping, so you shuffle off to Sylvain's room. He's almost always still awake at this hour anyway, so it's not a big deal. You find his door half open and he's just sitting on his bed, reading a book by candlelight. He looks up at the sound of the door creaking. His face softens once his eyes meet yours.

"What are you doing up?" He asks with a little smile. You usually go to sleep before he does. He pats the side of the bed beside him, signalling for you to come and sit next to him.

"Couldn't sleep," you mutter quietly, moving over to his side. You flop down on the bed next to him after kicking your shoes off.

"So you came to see me?" He asks, a little bit surprised.

"We're a couple, dumbass. It's a normal thing to do... I think," you reply with a little grumble, closing your eyes. It's a little embarrassing to continuously look at Sylvain, even though you're together.

"Alright, grumpy." He says with a small laugh. He simply takes your hand in his and goes back to his book.

You slump over onto your back, but your hands are still interlocked. The feeling of his hand in yours is so warm, and it makes you feel much more fuzzy inside than it should. Your eyes drift open again and they land on the back of Sylvain's head. He's still reading.

You inhale through your nose and muster your courage. It's about time you actually hugged for once.

"Sylvain?"

He looks down at you with a little confused look. "Yes?"

"I want to cuddle." You say as confidently as you can, but it's still a bit squeaky and sounded more like a suggestion than anything else.

His eyes widen from surprise slightly. This is rather uncharacteristic of you.

"Of course," Sylvain says with a big smile once he finally processes your request. You definitely caught him off guard. He closes his book and flops down next to you, pulling you closer with one arm. The two of you roll onto your sides so you're facing each other. He leaves one arm to drape over your waist. His other hand is still holding onto yours. You're nestled up against his warm chest. His head rests on top of yours. You feel him exhaling through his nose. It feels funny.

"How come you wanted to cuddle? You're usually quite hands-to-yourself." Sylvain pulls his head back after a minute and looks down at you.

You just bury your head further into his chest out of embarrassment. You reply with a muffled "Because I was getting lonely... and I've decided I like your hugs."

He laughs very softly. "Well, guess we'll just have to cuddle a bit more then, huh?" He moves his arm across your waist up to your head and lays it on your hair, smoothing it out lightly.

"Yeah..."