Chapter 7

It had been several weeks since Sam pulled that stunt and today was Jack's first day back in school since he started skipping. And to be honest when he first saw Sammy, I thought he would murder him.
Then lunch happened. I was walking to my table alone and Sammy walked up to me. He touched my back and snaked his hand down.
"Hey! Hands off her!" Jack yelled.
"What are you going to do? Kill me?" He laughed.
"Yeah, that's exactly what I'm going to do. I said get your hands off her!"
I tried to walk around him but he just got in my way. Jack threw the first punch. His fist made contact with Sam's face and blood started gushing out of his nose. Sam swung back but Jack dodged the punch. "I said to get your hands of of her!" Jack says ushering me away from him. "I'm sorry." He says hugging me.
"Thank you."
"No need to thank me."
"I think I'm just gonna go home. I don't really wanna be seen around here anymore."
"Do you want me to come with you?"
"No. You stay here."
"Okay." He says biting his lip. The truth is, Sam started a rumor that I payed him to hook up with me, but Jack can't know that. Otherwise, he'd definitely kill Sam for sure. And, I would be okay with that, except for the fact that he would be arrested and charged, and we can't have that.
I walked out of the building while people whisper stuff all around me and point and stare. Great.
~~~
"Are you feeling better?" Jack asks me.
"Yeah, I guess."
"You still have me." He says smiling.
"What about Johnson, he's abandoned me."
"He hasn't abandoned you, I'm sure he's just been busy." He says trying to reassure me I still have friends.
"I just don't get it, why would he do that?"
"I don't know."
Then I remember what he told me. "Jack, is there anything that Sam would need to get even with you about?"
"I don't know, I did have this one girlfriend, Celia, that I kinda stole from him."
"Jack, this may sound crazy, but one time, Sammy told me he thought you liked me, and that it was obvious. Do you think maybe he was trying to get back at you for Celia?" His face turns beet red, I can't tell whether it's from anger or embarrassment.
"He said that?"
I nod my head.
"He's gonna die."
***
A/N
Hi guys! So I'm happy the way this book is turning out, idk about you. Let me know. Comment, vote, and tell your friends!