3

Natalie's mom's POV

I hadn't seen David in a while but he looked much happier. After the prank, I stayed in the room to unpack my suitcase and as a mother, I felt that I needed to sort out Natalie's room. She had always been messy back home but I thought that in a house that wasn't hers, she might have been more shy and taken care of things like this. I guess she has gotten more comfortable over the past two years and now she calls it her 'Home'. I'm glad that she found something in life that she really enjoyed and with such a wonderful group of people. Specially with David. He and my daughter had been best friends for a long time and I always thought that he would protect my daughter if anything were to happen. I knew that they didn't have any 'romantic' feeling for each other but they definitely cared for one another.

As they all left the room, David and Natalie were at the back of the group. They suddenly stopped and Nat said something to David which made them both smile and he even laughed a little. It wasn't like his normal laughs for the videos; it had more emotion in in and was definitely softer. After a couple of seconds later, they finally left. I was left wondering what it was that Nat had said to David and why did David's laugh around Natalie feel different. 

When I was done unpacking and cleaning most of Nat's room, I freshened up and went to the living room where they were all sitting and each involved in different conversations. I noticed Nat was sitting in one of the corners of the couch, the one closest to the window, and David was lying down right beside her. I thought is was cute how after all these years they were still so comfortable around each other, specially in front of so many people. When they were small, I had always thought that eventually, one day, they would get together. I never thought that it would take so long and thats why I sort of let it go after high school. But now, seeing them like this, I couldn't help but think that there might still be a slight chance. 

David and Nat were having a conversation with Jason and David's camera was out. I imagined that it was recording as they were laughing but I couldn't make out what they were saying. suddenly, Natalie's hand crept up to her face to remove a strand of hair that wad gotten out of place. Still deep in the conversation, Natalie put her hand back down but this time placed it on David's head without realising. His head was lying right beside her hers and she started to move it around as if playing with his hair. I knew she hadn't noticed and that if I pointed it out she would immediately take it away from embarrassment so I chose to go to the kitchen instead and not interrupt their conversation.