7

Natalie's POV (10AM)

My mom and I both woke up to the light streaming past the curtains in my room. I glanced over my shoulder and I saw my mom with a dreadful expression on her face that told me everything. "you really partied last night huh?" I asked. She just nodded with a disgusted expression. I slid out from under the covers, went in to my bathroom and pulled out some aspiring and a glass of water. My mom looked at me as if I had come out of nowhere "where did you get that from?". "Oh, It's usually me with the bulging headache and David puts me to bed and always leaves out a glass of water and an spiring for me to take as soon as I wake up". I say this while smiling but I don't know why. "Aww, that's so nice of him" my mom replied. "yeah, I guess. I never really thought about it. I guess because he doesn't like to drink and he wants me in a good state to work in the morning, he does it out of habit". I handed my mom the aspirin and the water and she immediately took it. "Oh, that reminds me, I wanted to have that talk with you". "Oh yeah, but first breakfast. I'm starving" I replied. "sure honey, you really are your dads daughter". we both let out a light chuckle and head to the kitchen. We made to coffees and headed back to my room. I was sat on my bed, my back against the headboard and my mom closed my door. I was confused at this sudden need for privacy because David and I tell each other everything but I just went with it.

My mom sat down beside me and asked worried "do you think David might get up and hear us?"

"He was editing the footage from the party and didn't got to sleep until 6:30 so I doubt that he will wake up until lunch time"

"oh ok." my mom replied somewhat relieved. I was starting to get confused but I still didn't ask anything. "wait... How dod you know that he was editing and went to bed at 6:30?"

"He always texts me goodnight when he goes to sleep. It's something we've always done I guess. And he told me that he was going to go edit last night when we left you sleeping on my bed. We had a small conversation out in the living room but I was too tired so I left and he told me that he was going to go edit. Anyways, What was it you wanted to talk to me about?"

My mom suddenly clicked back and said "right, well I know that it's been around a year since you and Shawn broke up, right before christmas and lately I've been seeing something all over social media that has caught my eye"

"Yeah? what's that?"

"Well, around a month ago I saw this fan account that was all about you and David together and from that point on, I've seen the word 'Datalie' everywhere." She took a deep breath and continued. " you know that I always thought that you and him would end up together because I always thought that the two of you were so cute together. And, since I arrived, I can't help but notice how comfortable you guys are around each other."

"I know everyone says that but we're just best friends"

"I know you believe that Nat but I saw how you guys were when you were kids and the way you are now. I've never seen you so comfortable around anyone. Not even Shaun or any of you girl-friends. It's just the way he looks at you and you look at him."

"I don't know what you mean."

"Nat. Tell me that there isn't even the slightest part of you that wishes you could be with David where you were more than friends?"

"I mean, I don't know. I guess I haven't put that much thought in to..."

"The way he laughs at you jokes, it's different to how he laughs at other's jokes. How he lets only you touch and play with his hair. How he only trusts you to pick out his clothes and I guess you only trust him to pick out your clothes. The way you were both sleeping together in his bed two nights ago was not how two friends would sleep"

"I guess that maybe I have felt as sort of feeling the past couple of months around him. I've just been pushing it away because I didn't know what it meant. Plus I would drop anything to help him."

"see what I mean...?"

That got nat to thinking what if she was right. What if that warm feeling she felt around David actually meant that she had feelings for him. But how would that affect their relationship as friends if it didn't work out. She poured all of this on her mom.

"But he probably doesn't even feel the same way about me."

"Nat, that boy is in love with you and I just with you could see it the same way everyone can"

I couldn't help but blush at that comment. "you really think so?" I asked "Positive"

"But if I do act on these feelings and we do get together, how would that affect our friendship?"

"For starters, the best relationships are those that start out by being best friends and second of all, your friendship was always leading up to this moment"

"But what would happen if we didn't work out?"

"That is never going to happen. You two are meant to be"

At this point I didn't know what to say. I just looked straight at my mom's face and hugged her tightly like I used to do when I was little. After a couple of minutes I slowly released myself from her embrace and I asked "Now what do I do? How do I show him that I like him?"

"well, just be yourself but maybe leave him some 'clues' or something for him to pick up on"

"Okey. Thanks mom."

"you're welcome sweetie. What are mothers for?"

We both slightly chuckled and stayed quiet for a bit. I reach my right hand out to my night stand and I grab my phone unplugging it from the charger. I turn it over and look at the time. It's 2PM, how it is so late already, and how is David not awake yet. "Well, I'm gonna go see it he's awake. It's lunch time and he's probably gonna want his subway" My mom responded with a smile and as I was about to get up, I hear footsteps right outside my door as is running away. I think to myself, surely it can't be...