8

David's POV

I had woken up at around 1PM and it was weird because the house seemed so quiet. Normally Nat would wake me up at this time. I got out of bed to look for her but I couldn't find her anywhere. That's when I saw that her door was closed and I found thins weird. I mean, me and her share everything. I approach her door and that's when I hear Nat and her mom talking but I couldn't quite make out what they were saying. I propped my ear on the door and that's when I heard it "what if I do like him and we start dating but then It doesn't work out. I would loose my bets friend. And David it far too important to loose". Wait, does this mean that Natalie likes me as more than just a friend? I didn't even know what to think at that point but for some reason I couldn't peel my head away from that door. Throughout the conversation, I started to think to myself ' what it I also liked Natalie. What if those weird feelings in my stomach whenever I'm round her mean that I like her too?' Suddenly I heard Natalie say that she was going to check on me to see if I was still asleep which I took as and urgent sign to leave and I ran back to my room making a bit more noise than I wanted with the stomping of my feet running down the hallway.

I was back underneath the covers in my bed with my laptop on my lap pretending that I was editing. Natalie suddenly walked in as as she approached me she greeted good morning and asked me how long i'd been awake. I lied and told her that I had just woken up but that I needed to leave soon to finalize a bit for the next video. Nat nodded to show that she understood and told me that her and her mom would probably stay in the whole day and prepare for the friends-giving later on in the day. After that, she turned and left. As soon as the door closed, I let out a huge sigh of relief. 

Around half and hour later, I was in my Tesla heading over to Heath's house to pick him up and head over with him to the dealership. We were going to pick up a Baby blue Ford Bronco that I had bought with the help of my friends at Seatgeek for Nat's birthday. It was going to be a surprise and as far as I knew, only Heath, Mariah and I new about it. When we arrived. I signed a few papers and we got in it. I texted Nat to see how the preparations were going with a black heart emoji at the end. It was sort of my signature emoji with girls specially as it was black which was my favorite color. Nat replied saying that almost everyone was there except for Heath, Mariah and I and that there was only around 15 minutes left for the food. I replied with and 'Ok, Thanks' and that same black heart again. 

My plan was that Heath and Mariah would drive to my house in My Tesla and I would follow behind in the Bronco. Then once were two streets away, I would park the bronco and get in to the driver's seat of the Tesla and it would look like I picked them up at their house. When we arrived, no one thought anything out of the ordinary was going on so that's how I played it. During the meal, I kept on being very close to Nat and somewhat flirtatious to see how she would react. She acted like normal and eve a little flirtatious back as well. This was going better than expected. At the end of the meal, Heath popped outside without anyone realising and brought the Ford in to my driveway. With all the chaos going around, No one even noticed when I went out to greet him and open the gate and do the seatgeek bit in my vlog. When we walked back in, we gathered everyone on the couch and I started the bit (Vlog).

I remember last year when I gave Nat her Mercedes, she was so shy and quiet she didn't say anything so it surprised me when she started screaming of joy, dancing around and hugging me all the time. We both sat in the Bronco and she made a joke and we finished we hugged one last time. That hug lasted for at least a minute but it would have lasted more if there weren't so many of our friends staring at us. The hug felt different to other hugs we have shared. I came with a lot of emotion and love for one another as well as something which I didn't recognise. Maybe it was the fact that we both knew that we liked each other.

Natalie's POV

I can't believe he bout me my dream car. I can't even believe he remembered what it was from so many years ago. He really does listen. I have to admit, the way I reacted when I got this car was much more vlog worthy because of all the excitement and that I was no longer scared to to be my goofy self in front of our friends and the camera. That last hug that we shared was definitely something else. It carried so much love. From the way we had both been acting the whole day and that hug, I could clearly tell that the feeling between the two of us was mutual.