4

Natalie's POV (9:00PM)

It was getting sort of late and most of the group had gone. David, Jase and I had been talking about the future and how everything could change if the vlogs started to become less successful. Jase pointed out that in that case I would have to look for a real job. I mentioned that I would probably be working at some sort of firm back in Chicago, doing some marketing or something but I would like it as much as here. Then I thought, well if I would be in Chicago, where would David be? Jason said "He probably wouldn't even know how to function without your help to be honest" we all laughed at the comment. David tilted his head up looking at me with a sort of serious face and just said "thanks for everything Nat". I just smiled at him as it made me genuinely happy that he actually needed me and that I was not just another of his vlog bits from time to time. Also, to know that he appreciated everything that I do just made me feel warm inside. We kept on talking for a while, the camera recording but we sort of forgot it was even there. Eventually, we were that only ones left in the living room and Dave had fallen asleep. Jason got up and said "well this was interesting. I never really stop to thing what life would be like without David and much less if you guys wouldn't be there for each other every step of the way". I responded with "I think that we would be there every step of the way for one another just not physically. If David ever needed anything, I would drop everything and help him because I'm very thankful for this job and him giving me a chance". Jason then said bye and left to pick up his kids and take them home.

I got up from the sofa while looking down at David peacefully sleeping. I reached my hand out and turned off the camera and walked over to the kitchen where my mom was; leaving David to sleep as I knew he would be in his room up all night editing that footage to find just one second to put in his vlog. 

I reached the kitchen and saw that my mom was preparing a meal for the three of us. She had made pasta bolognese which was David and I's favourite from when we were kids. I sat down on a bar stool on the opposite side of the island counter to my mom and she turned to look at me. She had just put the pasta with cheese in the oven to make it melt  and slightly crunchy. That was my favourite dish of my moms. Suddenly, out of the blue, She looked at me and asked "can we talk later or tomorrow?" she sounded kind of serious and I didn't know what she wanted to talk about so I replied "about what? you're making me anxious". 

"No, don't worry its nothing bad. It's something I noticed today and really, over the past couple of months and I wanted to talk to you about it"

"Yeah, of course" I responded with a smile, relieved that it wasn't anything bad.

She looked over at the sofa where I had just been sitting and David was still sleeping and said "Is he asleep? should I have waited to make dinner?". I turned to look at David and then back at my mom. "He is but don't worry, as soon as that pasta is out of the oven, he won't take two seconds to come eat" i sort of laughed while saying this last statement. It was true though, David had like a sixth sense when it came to food, specially food he liked.

My mom and I caught up for ten minutes or so until we heard the faint ding of the oven indicating that it was ready. As if on cue, I see David approaching us while rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. He looked over at the pasta and said "Oh my god, this smells amazing. Thank you, but you didn't have to do this?"

My mom smiled and said "David, I know you guys don't eat proper home cooked meals around here and besides, who would even use the oven it it weren't for me. 

"true" we both replied in-sync and let out a soft chuckle. 

I gut up and got plates, cutlery and drinks and set them on the counter. We all sat down and talked while we devoured that pasta. When we all finished, David go up and said "thank you so much again for this. I'm jut gonna go in my room and edit the next vlog for a while if you need anything". I replied with "My mom and I are jut gonna clean up this mess and I think that for today we will stick around and catch up". We both nodded in agreement and go up and cleared the kitchen. David said "ok" and disappeared in to his room. When we finished, my mom and I were both exhausted so we went in to my room and sat on the bed to catch up.