16

David's POV

We arrived in LA, got in to the Tesla and I drove us home letting Natalie sleep a bit longer. I parked the car in the garage because all the other cars were out on the street which I found weird but someone must have been driving them today. Because the garage has a door that leads straight inside and Nat was still sleeping, I decided to carry her in. I picked her up bridal style and unconsciously, she wrapped her arms around my neck. I thought of bringing her to her room but I wanted to sleep with her today and I thought she wouldn't mind so I brought her to my room instead. I opened the covers and laid her there. She was in leggings and a hoodie so I decided not to change her because that was comfortable enough to sleep in. I then went back in to the garage and took out our suitcases and our bags and brought the in to my room as well. I then got in beside her and took my laptop out. I finished the video which only took about half an hour an then I shut the screen. I placed it on my night stand and turned off the light. I shifted so that I was closer to her and wrapped my hands around her waist.

We woke up the next morning in the same position and I just loved it when she woke up in my bed. She was a little confused as to how she had gotten there but I explained that I brought her in last night because she was asleep. I then told her that I was going to Jason's to film a bit and that she should come but that we would have to get back at around 6 because I was planning on taking her out somewhere. she replied "like on a date?" a smirk clearly visible on her face. "yes, our first official date".

We were hanging at Jason's the whole day but there wasn't much to film so Nat and I were just laying on the couch next to each other pretending to edit something. I saw Jason glance over at us a couple of times but I just brushed it off because I knew that he would try and bring up whether we were dating or not. At lunch, Nat ordered the both of us some chipotle which I had really missed back in Vernon Hills although I can't complain because I had home cooked meals almost every night. Eventually 6 o'clock rolled around and Natalie and I said goodbye and left. On our way home she tried to get me to reveal where we were going but I knew too well. She then asked me to at least tell her what types of clothes to wear so I just said "casual, like what you would wear normally but if you want, slightly more dressed up and I can take pictures of you". 

We had now gotten ready and we were in the Ferrari. She looked stunning and I made sure that I didn't forget to tell her. I had planed to go to the beach and watch the sunset because I know how much she loves it. Then I had booked us a table at a small Italian restaurant by the beach where I was sure that we wouldn't be seen. We got to the beach and she just followed my lead. I took her hand in mine and brought her to a small pier so that she wouldn't get her shoes full of sand. Then I offered to take some pictures of her which she accepted but she said that they were only for the two of us, because she wanted it to be kept that way and because everyone would get suspicious. When the sun had finally set, I brought her in to the restaurant and we had an amazing meal. We each had a pizza and we ordered a kids size bowl of pasta with meatballs so that we could recreate the lady and the tramp. We did and we ended it with a kiss. This night was honestly going perfect and I still had one more surprise for her. I took her back home and she thought that we were done so she was headed for her room to take a shores but I called her back and told her that there was one more bit missing. I brought her in to the podcast room because it had a bigger screen and I connected the computer to it. We both say on the couch cuddle up. When the video started playing she said "wait, what is this?" I just replied with "Just keep watching" so she did. We both had tears streaming down our faces from all the memories we had together. The video ended and I turned to her and said, "Nat I want you to know that I love you". She looked at me and said "I love you too David dork-brik" We chuckled and shared a passionate kiss. Now was the moment. "So, the real reason I wanted to show you this is because I have a very important question to ask you. Nat... will you be my girlfriend?". "Yes, or course" she replied and gave me yet another kiss. "Well, I think that was a pretty good ending to the best night. I guess we have to tell our friends now."

"ok" I said. "I say we start with you mom because if not for her, this would have never happened."