5

David's POV

I sat on my bed with my laptop on my lap and my camera right beside me. I picked it up and removed the SD card and stuck it in my computer. I downloaded all the new footage making sure to leave the SD card empty so that I would have space for next time. I clicked on the last video and it was of when Jason, Nat and I were talking earlier today. It was like 45 minutes long but I was curious to see if there was anything good in there. I pressed play and and started to watch. About half way through, I realize that Natalie started to play with my hair and in the video, you could just see me enjoying it while she didn't even look like she was aware of what she was doing. It was funny to see how different our relationship was when we were kid to now. I mean, we were best friends back then as well but it was different because she would never have played with my hair, specially in front of our friends. Now, we were so comfortable around each other that this was normal. While watching the clip, I felt something inside that I hadn't felt in a long time but I wasn't too sure what it was. I didn't think too much of it and I just kept watching the video until the end but I couldn't really focus on what we were talking about. I seemed to only take notice of Natalie. 

There was a bit when we were talking about our futures and how I wouldn't be able to live with out Nat's help that I found funny and I put in the vlog. However, I had to think about ti twice because Natalie's hand was still playing with my hair and I knew that that sent a mixed message out at the fans and they would freak out. 

there were only a couple seconds left of the video and by this time I was already asleep in the video but  wanted to know what Jase and Nat talked about. Suddenly Nat said "I think that we would be there every step of the way for one another just not physically. If David ever needed anything, I would drop everything and help him because I'm very thankful for this job and him giving me a chance". I suddenly felt teary eyed and thought about it. In my head I knew just like she did, that we would always be there fro each other and I would do the same for her. The video then ended but I couldn't ignore that feeling inside of me anymore because now it was much greater and it was all over. I tried to think when was the last time I felt like this and I thought that earlier in the day, after the prank, when Natalie had congratulated me on the prank, I had also felt the same. Suddenly, I remembered when I had gotten the feeling, It was back in freshman year, I went to pick up Natalie for prom and as I saw her walking down the stairs in that dress, I had felt this same way. Honestly, I don't even know how I go so lucky to go with her to the dance. I still didn't know what that feeling meant but I knew that I liked it.

I decided to save that small end clip in a folder that I have saved as NAT on my computer. I have a bunch of our best moments from the vlogs and some that I jut wanted to keep to myself. I closed the folder and was opening up the half edited vlog footage when I heard small steps approach the bed and get in beside me. I looked over at Nat and I had the biggest smile on my face. I couldn't help it but she was making me feel all sorts of things. I asked "what's up" an she said "Nothing, mom was jut tired so I let her sleep but I wasn't as tired so I thought I would help you with the vlog and if not just lie here and watch you edit". I replied "oh, yeah sure. Here, help me with the footage of the prank"

"yeah, of course" she replied.

once we finished editing it and we were both tired of hearing the same sounds on repeat for the past 2 hours, she turned to me and asked "How come you chose Jeff to lie on my bed out of all of the boys? you know my mom knows I don't like him in that sense"

"I know but I thought that I would use it as clickbait you know. Because of all the Jatalie shippers out there" we both chuckled at the thought of Nat and Jeff together

"yeah, ok, I guess it makes sense but in that case you should have put yourself in that bed. I feel like my mom would have gone crazy with excitement"

"I guess you're right but I thought Jeff had a pretty good poker face whereas I wouldn't be about to contain myself" she kind of chuckled in agreement. I then added "what do you mean your mom would have gone crazy with excitement?"

"well, you know, our parents and our friends back home always thought that you and I would end up together. "

"wait, they still think that?"

"I don't know, but with all the Datalie ships going around, I wouldn't doubt it."

"I guess you're right" 

We both turned quiet for a second and Nat laid her head back down but this time on my chest to look at the computer screen. I hit play again, forgetting that next was the footage of us talking and her playing with my hair. As that clip came on, I saw Natalie shuffle around a bit as if she were uncomfortable do I stopped it and said "If you don't like it or if you don't want me to, I won't put it in. I just thought that it was funny and true. I wouldn't even know what to do if you weren't here". She lifted her head up once again looking at me. She pressed her hand on my chest and used her arm to help prop her up. The feeling instantly came back as I felt her hand practically on top of my heart. She opened her mouth and said, "yeah, I guess I'm just like your baby sitter". We both laughed at this and the she said "but no, I don't mind the conversation it's just, I can't even remember playing with your hair" she said and blushed slightly but I still caught it. I replied "I knew you wouldn't remember, it's so natural for us that we didn't even realize. What I was worried about were the fans who will most likely go crazy with the ships after this. They just don't understand how close we are and it sucks". We nodded in agreement and then I continued "so do you think that I should take it out?"

"no, leave it in, its a good bit we'll just have to ignore all the comments on this one"

"you sure?" 

"Yeah"

We remained in that position, just staring in to each other's eyes, not saying a word. Suddenly she started to relief the pressure of her hand on my chest as she laid her head back down on my body. I looked back at my computer screen and pressed play to continue watching the video. This time, I didn't feel her moving around, instead, I saw her get more comfortable and deeper in to my chest. I couldn't see her fave, but I could feel her smiling from her cheek pressed against my chest. I couldn't help but smile at the thought of it too. When it finished, I reached my arm out to my computer screen and closed it. I picked it up along with my camera and placed them on my bedside table. I reached out and turned the light of as I realized that it was now one in the morning and both me and Nat were exhausted.I didn't say anything to Nat because we were used to sleeping in each other's beds so this was nothing out of the ordinary. That night I had one of the best sleeps of my life knowing that Natalie was right there with me.