14

David's POV

I think I might be falling in love with Natalie. And with that thought, I fell asleep with her in my arms.

We woke up today and it was already lunch time because we were all so tired from yesterday. When I opened my eyes I realised that I wasn't alone in bed and that feeling warmed my heart. I don't even know who I've become. Lately I'm so soft, specially around Nat. Who knew she could make me feel this waY? "Good morning beautiful" I said and she kissed me in return. 

We had agreed to meet up the rest of the group downstairs at 2PM for a late brunch before they all left back to LA today. Me and Nat both showered and got dressed and then she helped me pack my suitcase while I edited for an hour. "How come you've been editing so much lately?" she suddenly said. "What do you mean? It's my job". "I know it's your job but lately you haven't had Joe help you out with the editing of the past three vlogs". "Well, the thing is, I have a lot of footage of you and I that I have to be careful with. Otherwise he would find out and you now that in a matter of hours the rest of the group would too. So for now I'm doing it even if it does take up more of my time. I just hope that he doesn't start to get suspicious". "Oh, I guess that makes sense but why don't you just send him the bits without you and me and he can edit that and that way it doesn't take as long?". "I guess you're right. That way I have more time with you" We both smiled and she finished zipping up my bag and we left.

We met up with the rest of the group and went to the restaurant. Because we were so many, we had a really large table and me and Nat ended up sitting on either end. I didn't really mind because it was for just one meal and I would have her for the next two days. However, something about Reggie's face and the way he kept speaking privately to Nat and eyeing the both of us told me that there was something going on. 

After lunch, we said goodbye to everyone that was headed off to the airport. Nat was going to be out shopping with Reggie the whole day while Ilya, me and a couple of our other friends were gonna hang out for a bit and probably film something. Before we parted, I was thinking of some way in which I could kiss Natalie goodbye without the rest of the group finding out about it. I called her over tot he car quickly while the others were playing around and were distracted. She came quickly but as she approached me I saw Reggie's face once again which told me he knew what was about to happen. I brushed it off and we went behind the can and I kissed. We both pulled away and smiled. I then asked "Hey, by any chance, does Reg know about us?" "Um... well...". I saw that she didn't want to tell so I said "Hey it's okey if you told him. I just kept on seeing how he looked at me and you yesterday and today and I just wanted to know if it was because you told him or he had seen us. Because if he had seen us it probably means that the others could have seen us too". "Oh, no, I told him last night when we were getting ready. He kept on acting like he knew something was us between the two and I just couldn't keep it away" I nodded and she gave me one last peck before we each went our separate ways.

The day was fun and all but I couldn't get my ming off of Natalie. I just couldn't wait to get home tonight and meet up with her in the park or watch a movie or something. I noticed the way Ilya kept on making jokes about Natalie and me being together. I knew that he just wanted me to reveal something even if it was just that I had feelings for her. The jokes were funny at first and I laughed them off easily but eventually, I became more reluctant to laugh and he noticed it so at one point of the day, he took me aside and asked me more seriously "Is there something wrong? Why are you reacting like this when I talk about her? David tell me if there is something and I will stop". "Fine Ilya, I like her and I just get tired of all the jokes about her". He looked at me with an extremely happy expression like his dream had just become true and he said "wait, are you serious?". "Yeah I like her". "Oh my god. I can't believe this. You should totally ask her out. You two would be perfect together. But I also understand if you don't want to talk about it and I'll shut up right now. It was just a thought". "thank you, I said" and from that point on he didn't make any more jokes about the two of us. I still felt guilty for only telling him half of the truth, I felt like I was lying to my best friend.

Eventually, night came and I went back home to have dinner with my family. We were at the table when my mom suggested that we have a family movie night. Honestly, I was down for it. I wanted to relax and spend some time with Toby and the rest of my family. I agreed and then Ester said "can we invite Isa and Lauren?". My mom responded "Sure, that would be great. And David, why don't you tell Natalie to come over as well?". I knew what she was up to but there was no way that she was going to find out so I responded "Yeah, sure" with a nonchalant voice that revealed nothing. When dinner was over, I went up to my room and facetimed Natalie to tell them to come over to watch a movie. I also made sure to warn her that my mom was on the lookout for any clues indicating that we liked each other so we had to be careful. She agreed and said that they would be over in five minutes.

We were now all sitting on the couch and Natalie and her sisters had arrived. Nat was sitting next to me but we looked like two friends and nothing more. I spotted my mom turn her head towards us a couple of times throughout the movie but she quickly turned it away every time. The movie we watched was the Notebook which was one of Nat and my favorites but it always made us cry at the end. When the movie ended, I hadn't realized but Nat way laying her head on my chest and my arm wrapped around her back. Both of our eyes clearly watery. My mom looked at us one last time but this time she just stayed looking at us with a happy expression. Specially aimed at me like she was proud to have me as her son. Because the movie ended quite late, Nat's sisters left immediately because they had to go to bed and so did my siblings. My mom stayed in the kitchen clearing up and I proposed to Nat that we go for a walk. She immediately agreed and we left. 

During the walk, I held Natalies hand the whole time and we shared a few kisses as well. It felt so nice to just be walking around the two of us. The walk didn't last long because it was so cold outside and it was pretty late so we shared one final kiss and we each went back to our homes.