9

Nat's POV

It was a couple of hours after David had surprised me with the Bronco and I was still in shock. Me and my mom could not believe that I was the owner of a baby blue ford bronco. The first person I took out for a spin was David. I felt like I owed it to him after getting the car for me. Let me rephrase that. He was the one who took me out for a spin. We both always preferred it that way, him driving and me right next to him. We only went around a couple blocks and during the whole ride I could not stop thanking him. It go to the point where he said "Nat, you can stop saying thank you. You deserve it. I honestly don't know how you've put up with me and my shenanigans for so long" we both laughed at that comment and because the car was automatic, he slid his right hand on to my thigh. I didn't complain nor flinch. For some reason it felt like that is where it belonged. For the duration of the last block, he left his hand there and the both of use could not stop smiling. 

As soon as we arrived back at the house, David immediately pulled his hand away and I gave him one last hug of gratitude before we both hopped out of the car. Next, O drove my mom around wanting to feel what it was like actually driving the car. Along the ride, my mom asked me "so, you still believe that he doesn't have feelings for you? or that you two are just best friends?". "Ok, so maybe you are right" I responded and she looked at me like she wanted more. "While driving around, he told me that I deserved it and he put his hand on my thigh. And I know that that is not much seeing as every other night we sleep in each other's bed but it felt different. Like it was supposed to be there". I tried so hard not to blush but I just could not help it. My mom just smiled but didn't respond. I think that deep inside she just wanted to let me enjoy the moment and let me slowly realize my feelings for David. When we arrived back at the house I shouted "Who's next?" and I threw the keys at Heath who hopped in with Mariah. They both seemed so excited. Meanwhile, I went back in to the house and sat in between Zane and David on the couch letting myself drop in to it and leaning on David's shoulder. I was so tired. "What are you, tired from receiving gifts?" Zane said jokingly at which the three of us laughed.

(9PM)

It was much later in the day and all of our friends had gone home because my mom, David and I had a flight back to Chicago for tonight at midnight and we still had to prepare everything. My mom already had everything ready to go but of course, knowing David and I, we hadn't even started. I started to pack my stuff knowing that it would be freezing and my mom helped me out a bit but it didn't take long. Next, I proceeded to go to Dave's room to see how he was getting along with it. As I walked in, I see David laying on his bed editing yet another vlog and his empty suitcase, open on the floor right in front of his closet. He looked away from the screen one second and asked "Hey, do you mind packing my stuff just the usual but remember it's cold? I'm in the middle of editing the montage of your birthday present". "Yeah. No problem" I responded with a smile. I sat on the floor of his closet how we usually do it with the door open so we could keep talking and I could ask him about any pieces of clothing. The first thing I did was pack five black t-shirts and three black jeans. Then I picked up some nicer black trousers with thin white stripes going down them. He looked at me with a questioning look at which I responded "what? I want you to look good for when we go out for my birthday. Even it if is just these" "fine" he responded and immediately went back to editing. 

I was getting sort of bored because it was so quiet so I asked him "Hey, how did you remember the exact car that I wanted? I haven't talked about it in like two years"

"I don't know. I guess I always remebered and I knew that at some point I would get it for you."

"really?" I asked surprised

"yeah, ask Heath, I've been preparing this with him for like a year and a half. I wanted it to be the perfect one"

"wait, a year and a half?!?! how come it took so long?"

"Well I wanted to wait for the perfect moment plus I knew that a year ago you wouldn't have given me the same reaction that you did today. You know, it's our 2 year anniversary of working together, your 23rd birthday and christmas is coming up so I thought that it was the perfect time."

"really? I still can't believe that you got me that car. Thank you"

"hey, I told you that you deserved it but you're welcome"

He then went back to editing the vlog as I continued to pack his suitcase. All of the clothes were done as well as shoes. Now for underwear. I put in socks and went to grab a few pair of underwear from his drawer but there were only two left. I turned to him and asked "Dave, where is all your underwear?" while holding up the only two pairs. He laughed and said "wow, that sounded so bad" I laughed with him. "Umm, I'm not sure, probably in the laundry room. I think I saw a stack of clean ones there earlier today. "okey" I got up and went to grab them. I came back and he was still in the same position. Now, the only thing that was missing was his toiletries. "Hey dave, do you have a wash bag already packed or do I have to do that for you too?" I said this in a kind of childish tone mocking him which made the both of us chuckle and then he turned to me looking with a sorry face that told me that I would also need to pack his wash bag for him. Luckily, there was already one from the previous trip a week ago half packed so I took that one and checked what was missing. "Hey dave, there's shaving stuff in here, toothbrush and toothpaste, cologne and deodorant. oh, and theres also some face cream. is there anything missing?" he turned to me and was thinking and then his face turned to show that he had thought of something but he was hesitant to reveal it. I asked "Yeah, what is it?" slightly confused. "Is it your hair brush. I mean I know you don't brush your hair so what is it?". He smiled at the comment and with a shaky voice he said, "condoms". At this I just stared with and expression that showed he had completely caught me off-guard and confusion so I tried to hide it with a joke "well someones optimistic" and we both laughed. I then asked where he kept them and he opened his nigh stand to reveal an unopened condom box. He looked at me kind of shy at the fact that I had just made that joke but he had an unopened box of condoms in his night stand. I didn't think too much of it and just reached in a grabbed a couple and placed them in the wash bag. I threw it in the suitcase and attempted to close it. He told me "leave it, I'll do that later" when he saw that I was struggling. 

I got up and walked over to his bed, crawled across him and laid beside him. I just stared at how quick he edited the video. He suddenly when to his home screen because he had received an email from his manager Jack and I saw that on the desktop there was a folder named 'NATALIE'. I asked "what's that?" and he thought for a moment and responded "oh, that? That is just... umm, where I kept all the video footage of your surprise". His answer seemed a bit forced but I didn't think too much of it. He kept on editing and I just laid there watching.