Chapter 2 // The Meeting

Third Person:

The meeting just just begun. Liz only being able to stare at the princess like she was the only person that mattered in the world to her. Why did she feel this? She thought multiple times. Liz was never really big on relationships,she always focused on making her parents proud. And she would definitely not feel this way towards a girl, right?

During most of the meeting she talked about new rules and how the castle should be kept from now on. The only topic that pulled Liz from her fantasy world was the word 'prince'. Why is she talking about a prince? She thought. As she started to listen from her understanding for her to rule as queen she must have a king to rule with her, so she would be appointing someone to help her find someone rightfully eligible. After she found the right fit then would get permission from the prince's parents and would be married almost immediately.

For some reason that made Liz's stomach turn. What was this feeling she was having? Why did she feel like this? As these questions replayed in her head the princess moved on to other topics, but Liz didn't. She thought more about it. Thought more about her feelings. She didn't understand any of it.

~~Time Skip~~

After the meeting the princess stepped off of the stage. Most people left but the people sitting in he front row (where Liz sat) had to stay to put the chairs away. "How are you feeling Liz?" Izzy said. Caught off guard by the question she just replied with a "hmm?". "I saw your fist clenching during the meeting,when she started talking about the new king." "Oh that was nothing I probably...... just started to think about my family. Yeah my family." Liz responded. " Oh... just checking to see if you were ok." "I'm fine!" Liz exclaimed.

POV: Liz

As we finished staking the chairs and was ready to head back to our stations, I felt a tap on my shoulder. When I turned I saw the princesses body guard A.J. "Excuse me for intruding but the princess would like to speak with you for a moment." 'The princess?' I thought. "Um of course." I said nervously. "You guys go ahead without me I will see you later." I said to our group. We both waved to each other and I followed the guard back to wherever he was taking me.

Eventually I needed up in the princesses room and saw her standing looking out to her kingdom. "Elizabeth has arrived your majesty." A.J. Said. As the word majesty slipped out of his mouth I saw her shiver. 'Why did she do that?' I wondered. "Thank you, you are dismissed." She said in a formal tone. He bowed and left the room quickly.

As the door slammed I almost stumbled backwards. Slamming doors and screaming that usually followed it was normal for me but scared me. Mostly any loud noise scared anymore. It always seemed to make me cry. I felt myself tear up but made sure I didn't let anything slip out in-front of the princess. When I turned back from the door Amanda was standing right in front of me so close I could feel her breath. It made me jump to see her so close to me.

"Why did you jump?" She asked. "W-well I-II um wasn't expecting for you to be so close." I said getting quieter as I said it. My face started to become a slight pink as I looked down at my feet. "Oh ok I see." She responded to me. She backed up and went to sit down on her bed motioning for me to come with her. I did what she wanted me to and sat down. " I bet your probably wondering why I asked for you?" " Yes ma'am." I answered. "Well I want to talk about earlier." I looked up confused to see if she was serious. She was.

" I thought you said that it didn't matter?" I questioned. "I did... but I changed my mind." "Well I need help with something but I don't know any people here really other than A.J. And well he can't help me with this." I looked in her eyes now almost in a full sweat. I took a gulp and looked back down at my head that were shaking. "   W-ww hat do you need h-help w-with.?" I said stuttering all throughout the sentence.

She noticed that I was nervous and took my hands that made me jump back. I stared into her eyes almost scared for my life but also wanting her hands again. "It's ok I'm not going to hurt you." She said softly which made me slowly come back to my spot before. We sat in silence as I caught my breath again. After she noticed I was breathing steadily again she spoke once more. " Like I was saying before. I need you to do something to repay me for earlier." I again asked "What can I do?" "During the meeting I mentioned something about appointing someone be my personal care taker and would help me find a prince who shall be my king." She said that made me shiver. "Well, I would like that person to be you."

My eyes shot up barely being able to comprehend her request. "Me? Why me? I asked shocked. "Well when we first met I felt this weird connection between us. One that you would protect me and guide me towards the right path. I feel you could help me make my family finally proud of me." She said almost about to tear up. " So if I help you then you will cancel my interruption from earlier?" I asked. "Yes." she said.

" So will you do it? Will you accept my offer even if it won't be an easy task. Will you help me and take care of me?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Word count: 1002

What will happen next? Will she accept? Find out next chapter!

                           Love
                              ~Atticus🏳️‍🌈