Chapter 12 // Searching

Liz's POV
I have been staying with my family for a day or two. I been working when I wake up to I lay down. If it's sweeping the floors or making trips for the "family business" it varies each day.

At this point I was done with everything my parents were saying. Their homophobia and racist comments made me cringe every time. Sometimes they would noticed how tense I was and ask about it. Each time having to lie to them.

In the back of my mind I thought no hoped Amanda would be my knight on shining armor and come rescue me. But that hadn't been the case. Sadly.

I had just received a mission to drop of a very suspicious box to a place a little ways away. I grabbed the box and put it in a wagon so I wouldn't have to carry it the whole way. I slipped on my shoes and was out on my way.

I also had to buy an umbrella on the way since it hadn't stopped raining since the... incident. I left in a hurry trying not to get the box that wet.

Amanda's POV
I have been really busy planning on finding where Liz was. From having my guards talk to her friends we figured she went to her parents house.

Which you would expect would be our first thought but from what little she told me about her family she never wanted to see them again. Every time they were brought up in a conversation she would become tense and seem like she was about to cry.

I felt bad. Knowing it was my fault she went to the one place that she was the most uncomfortable being in. The place that was like hell for her.

Thoughts about her struggling pushed me further into trying to find her. After we confirmed her location we were going to go. Except... we didn't know exactly where her parents were. Nothing in the castle records showed them nor did her friends know. No one knew where Elizabeth lived.

This whole search had become like the Cinderella one. Except I didn't have a shoe nor did I not know what her face looked like. So not exactly like Cinderella but close... I guess.

The not knowing where she lived brought us to having to go door to door trying to find her. With it storming every since our argument this left it very difficult to do. And would take very long.

The kingdom was bigger than most and had thousands of houses in it. Hundreds of thousands people in it. It would take a week if we were lucky. With the bad storms it seemed it would take longer... much longer.

But it didn't matter how long it took all I did was imagine being with her. Finally having the thing I didn't know I needed. My missing piece that I would find soon enough. That would be mine to marry or kiss or .... you get the jist.

The point is I could finally love someone.

—————————————————
Word Count: 515

Amanda being a knight... just think about it. Anyway can't wait for y'all to see what happens!! 💙💙💙

-Atticus