Chapter 13 // Want

Amanda's POV
It's been days and we still haven't found her house. The rain still pouring like it has been. The noise is the only sound I hear anymore. I keep my distance from everyone in the castle like I used to. Waiting for some kind of news about Liz.

God I want her.

Her smile, voice, eyes, laugh. Everything about her is amazing. And I want that back. I want to see her again. I hope I will.

Wa'll going through the many reasons why Liz is amazing, A guard walks in.

"Permission to proceed." I jumped up from my bed. "Yes." I said sternly not meaning to."We have narrowed the search to Windwood." "Windwood." I repeated quietly to myself.

"Then don't just stand there we must go."
I ran out the door grabbing my jacket and shoes and putting them on wa'll I ran. Windwood was the smallest place in the kingdom so if she was there we would find her quickly. My horse and cart was ready outside in a couple minutes and we rushed down to Windwood.

Liz's POV
I have made a delivery to the same place everyday. I wondered what I delivered but never dared to check. I had just left when I heard a bunch of horse trotting. The sound unsettling to me I started to run a little faster.

The wagon dragging behind me. Soon I arrived to the house but this time it was different...

Amanda's POV
We were at the third house when a blonde women with blue eyes opened the door. She looked just like Liz so I knew I had the right address. "Yes?" She said nervously.

"Ehem. Hello I'm princess Amanda K. Costigan. I am looking for a Elizabeth Nelson; is she here." The lady's eyes looked at me and widened as I said who I was.

"I-i..." My eyes locked into hers to waiting to hear what she was going to say. Frightened that she wasn't there. "Ughh well she's not here right now... can I take a message?" My fists tightened to where the whites of my knuckles were showing.

A.j my head guard noticed and took over the conversation. I walked away as I heard them argue about Liz. I hit my hands to my eyes trying not to cry. Then I heard a little voice.

"Excuse me." My eyes shot up. A young boy around 5 or 6 stood in front of me. "Yes." I said choking back tears. "I know where she is.. Liz." I kneeled down to him my eyes wide waiting for him to tell me. "Where?" I asked trying to sound more welcoming then stern.

"Here the boy handed me a piece of paper with an address that was only about 5 minutes away. "Thank you!" I said as I grabbed the boy into a tight tug.

I ran to A.J and told him we needed to leave. I jumped up into the cart and told A.J about the encounter.  And we raced off to the address.

I was clenching my fists the whole way anxiously. We eventually arrived and I jumped out of the cart but to only hear an awful sound. One that was sadly familiar to me.

—————————————————
Word Count: 543

Oof what did she hear???

-Atticus 💙