Chapter 8 // In Love

Amandas POV
I realized that...

I'm in love with her!

I don't know when it happened or how. But it did. I can't hold it in any longer. I'm going to have to tell her. I guess at the end of the day? When we go up to the "look out". I don't know maybe it's too cheesy? But I can't keep it in! I have too!

Liz's POV
All day was so much fun! We talked to the towns children and ate the the "Dove" a restaurant downtown. (My favorite) Its mostly meant to be romantic given the name. But she doesn't have to know that. At least for now...

I really do want to tell her but I don't want to lose her. I can't lose her.

We were walking to the "look out" (another romantic place) when a young man had stopped us. Clearly drunk we proceeded with caution in the conversation. He only ask where the local pub was. I pointed him in the direction. And everything was well and dandy until...

He tried to kiss Amanda! And I wasn't having it, no one was going to have her first kiss (over the months she found this out) other than me! I immediately jumped in front of her not allowing him to get any closer.

"What the fuck!" "Go away!" I yelled. He opened his eyes and glared at me before huffing and stomping off. My heart was beating fast and I could feel Amanda's doing the same on my back.

I turned around slowly and she looked at me with fear in her eyes. I looked back at her almost crying. "Why did you do that!" She screamed at me. I looked at her confused.

"W-what do you mean he-e was about to kiss-s you." I said stuttering all the way through. I have never seen her so angry. It frightened me. I saw the demon in her.

"That was the prince I am supposed to meet tomorrow!" "The one I decided to be my king!" My jaw dropped. Tears formed in my eyes.

"W-when did you decide?" I asked in almost a whisper starting to cry. "Without you almost 2 months ago." Tears now streaming down my eyes I started to walk away.

She grabbed my wrist tightly and asked, "And where do you think your going?" I stared at her in disbelief. I told her... never to grab my wrists. I told her why. So why is she now?

I pulled away after saying, "Do you realize how much awful things you just did. My boundaries just brushed away like they are nothing. I thought we were..." getting quieter at the end she finished the sentence.

"That we were friends? No. Your just another servant to me." And with that I just stood there staring at her. I couldn't believe what she just said. 'How could she!' I thought.

"Ok now if we are being honest..."

She looked at me ready to fight. (with words).

—————————————————
Word count: 506

What has this story become?🥴😆😓

-Atticus