I

The redhead came out of that office so fast and unable to control the tears that slid down her cheeks. She cleaned them hard and continued that busy sidewalk. While dodging the sea of people, behind her she heard the pronunciation of her name in a desperate shout:

"Grace!!"

Terrified she turned and observed an agitated man with an unfastened shirt and ruffled hair. She looked at him with disappointment and noticing how he was going where she was, Grace turned around and ran to get away from him. The man pushed several of the passers-by, he even knocked down some, but he did not care, he just wanted to reach the redhead.

Her heels echoed with loud noise on the floor and she attracted people's attention, Grace avoided not colliding with people and the endless garbage bags that adorned the streets. While running and hearing the disturbing screams of that man, she turned in an alley and, without paying attention to what she would find, crashed into a person, who did not perceive the redhead in the alley. Both fell to the ground and Grace, still disturbed by her escape, brought her hands to her posterior and looked up to find out who she had collided with. Once she stared, was a man with a green wig and a clown's painted face.

"Oh my God!" She exclaimed terrified. "I'm so sorry, I ...!"

"Grace!!" She listened. The woman turned in horror however, the clown had not even flinched for what happened.

She lifted off the ground and approached the man, ready to assist him. The redhead extended her hands to his arms and he shuddered at the woman's act.

"I want to help you," she whispered. "Really, forgive me!"

"Grace!"

The ginger head looked back at the entrance and the fear covered her entirely. The clown noticed the tension in the woman, the name he heard was probably hers, so he accepted her help. The man who was after her stopped and looked at the redhead and the clown. He entered on the alley, with an anger on his face and took her from one of her arms, squeezing it and sticking it to him.

"Fuck Grace, let me talk!" He shouted, feeling drops of saliva on her cheeks.

"You don't have to say anything, Richard!" The redhead replied, unable to meet his eyes. "I saw it all! Now, leave me alone!" She exclaimed as she tried to free herself from his grip, but she could not. He held her up with incredible strength. "Let me go!" She implored.

"Of course not, until you hear me!"

Grace turned around and looked in terror at the man with clown make-up, in her eyes was begging him for help. He just watched strangely.

"I saw you having sex with your secretary! You don't have to explain anything to me and let me loose!" Grace screamed as tears fell back on her face. She put her hand on Richard's and tried to let go, but knowing that it was impossible, she returned her glance with that man.

"Why do you look at him?!" He asked furiously. "You, second-class clown, get the fuck out of here!"

They both noticed how the man widened his cheeks, his lips were two huge curves and a strange and distinctive laugh emerged. Grace and Richard watched the clown laugh uncontrollably. The redhead felt a chill run through her body while Richard was stunned by what they witnessed.

"What's so funny, asshole?"

"Richard!" The woman stopped him. The clown carried one of his hands over his mouth, it was shaking but laughter did not stop. "Enough freaking phenomenon!" he demanded.

"Richard, shut up!"

He released Grace and when felt her free arm she massaged it with despair, he approached the clown and this, with his uncontrollable laughter and a painful expression on his face, looked at the man who despite looking stunned, the bearing of his suit and skin care ratted him out a man of good standing.