V

Arthur stopped his eyesight at the newspaper stand outside the post office. He read the first planes where the image of a clown with a devilish face, included. The murders he had perpetrated became the news of each media. At every moment of the day, where he had an opportunity, he was exalted listening to what the media had to say of such the fateful event, and the best thing was to know that a large majority of people, hovering his socioeconomic status, had supported the actions of the murderous clown. They were supporting him. For the first time, in all his life, Arthur felt the support of the people.

"Arthur!" He listened behind his back and turned around. That redhead smiles beautifully, which captivated him and drew a thin line on his face. Grace approached him and placed one of her hands on his arm. "Hi Arthur! How are you?"

"Fine, actually, pretty fine," he replied, extending that line formed in his lips, knowing the situation that was happening. "And you?"

"Fine too. I see you very happy today."

"Oh! It's nothing," he said as he tilted his head gracefully. Grace smiled amusedly and looked at the newspapers. Arthur noticed how the expression on that delicate face faded to become worry. "Something wrong?" He questioned.

"Did you know about the murders in the subway?" She asked as she wore her reddish hair behind her ears. Arthur affirmed and stood by his side; both looked at the illustrative images of that clown. "Every day this city is gets worse," Grace said. He looked at her as he knit his brows.

"It has always been a horrible place," he continued, detonating a certain hatred. "Garbage, people — mainly people." Grace turned to look at him as she carried her hands to her purse.

"Not everyone is horrible, Arthur. It is true that the conditions of the city are not the best, a long time ago but not all people are bad."

"Yes, they are," he said in an incredible rigid tone.

"No," she continued, lowered her hand and took his, surprising Arthur for her act. "You're a good person."

Arthur watched as Grace's soft, warm hand clung to his. He looked up and crossed with those green eyes, so full of brightness, watching him candidly. Fleck could not say anything. He just watched.

"Do you accompany me to the supermarket?" Grace asked with a smile. "I need to buy some things for dinner," He responded with a quick nod and, seeing how the redhead raised her cheeks, put aside those newspapers and they set out to grocery store.

♣♦♥♠

In the supermarket, Arthur was driving the shopping cart while Grace chose what she needed for the dinner. Since the incident that Arthur suffered with his neighbor, and he received comfort in Grace's arms, he willing to do accompany her to her bus stop every time it was her check-out time. Grace had adored his chivalry; they used to walked and talked about many things, although the redhead talked more than he did, until she chose to invite him to dinner at her house, in a giving of thanks for his gesture and attention.

"Do you like pasta, Arthur?" She asked as she turned to look at him. He stood still for a few moments, then responded with a slight nod. "Good," Grace continued with a smile. "I must confess that I am not very good at cooking, but I can cook pastas very delicious. I hope you like it."

Arthur smiled and Grace took everything to the cart.

Concluding they purchases, Arthur helped with the heavy bags and both went to the bus stop. Along the way, Grace talked about her day at the office and he listened to her with great attention, many of his responses were to smile and nod at the situations the redhead told him. Grace spotted the stop and they both got down. When walking through the street, the night covered the city as well as the endless giant garbage bags. Arthur examined the neighborhood, it was like his; graffiti-filled walls, old buildings almost collapsing and public areas forgotten by city halls. It was amazing how the city was just as horrible everywhere.